Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Cant find source file
Cant find source file [message #1140327] Wed, 16 October 2013 09:26 Go to next message
Manikandan Balasubramanian is currently offline Manikandan BalasubramanianFriend
Hi,

I am an eclipse(CDT) and Ubuntu(13.04) user. I recently ran a C project. When I run it, there is a seg fault at some line, when I try to debug it using a debugger, I get the below error.

Can't find a source file at "/build/buildd/eglibc-2.17/malloc/malloc.c"
Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location.

I have not used eclipse debugger for C program in Ubuntu before.. It would be great if someone could help me on how to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Mani
Re: Cant find source file [message #1140333 is a reply to message #1140327] Wed, 16 October 2013 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
That is a source file of glibc. I don't think you want to debug it. So you can ignore this message.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Cant find source file [message #1717112 is a reply to message #1140333] Thu, 10 December 2015 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Douglas Miles is currently offline Douglas MilesFriend
Admittedly it'd be nice if i'd be easy to get GDB to auto continue on such a break sort of like Microsoft's "Just my code"
Re: Cant find source file [message #1717377 is a reply to message #1717112] Sat, 12 December 2015 11:51 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Don't know about auto continuing but for inadvertently stepping into a library routine you can use the finish command to run until the current routine finishes, that is, returns. The eclipse debugger view shows this as a bent up-arrow.

In this case the program stopped within a library routine with a segment fault. You don't want to continue running.
Instead you should walk back through the stack trace if you want to see how the program got there.

I find this far more informative. An "only-show-my-code" switch is just laziness IMO. When stepping through the code you should simply step over things not yours. When the program halts unexpectedly, I personally want to exactly where. Even it I don't want to know, it's quite easy to find where things went wrong in my own code.

Every option comes with a cost: code bloat, extra testing requirements, and yet another way things can go wrong. Eclipse is a fine example of what you get when you try to accommodate everybody: a gazillion options that sometimes result in bizarre interactions. Just read the posts here to see how many steps, and how much understanding, is needed because of all the options.
Previous Topic:Zylin Embedded CDT - Problem while installing
Next Topic:IDE crashes on step into looks for file(below)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:46:48 GMT 2024