Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Client Downgrade with F2 Updater
Client Downgrade with F2 Updater [message #1138842] Tue, 15 October 2013 11:10 Go to next message
Christian  Döbele is currently offline Christian DöbeleFriend
Hi

I have a question about the F2 Client Updater:
Is it possible to downgrade already installed clients to an older build/version?

If yes how is it done?
Is it enough to provide the a full package of the older client version on the update site (and removing all newer client packages)?

Regards
Christian
Re: Client Downgrade with F2 Updater [message #1140175 is a reply to message #1138842] Wed, 16 October 2013 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Let assume you have these version in your repository:
* example_1.1.0
* example_1.2.0
* example_1.3.0

If you know that you want to install only version 1.2.0, you can use F2Parameter.LimitedVersion parameter. For example, command line argument:
-version example_1.2.0

Parameter overview is also available on the wiki.

I assume your use case is a little different. Your client is 1.3.0 and you want to force to downgrade to 1.2.0 (without any modification of the client). As far as I know this is not supported.

Re: Client Downgrade with F2 Updater [message #1140243 is a reply to message #1138842] Wed, 16 October 2013 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Motsch is currently offline Ivan MotschFriend
Also a "downgrade" is an update.
It is just a mental difference.
As also time flows forward only, also updates flow only forward.

If you want to have the concept of a "downgrade", simply add another package to the f2 update site that transforms the "more recent" Installation to a "later" one.

From the theroetical point of view there can be a update and a "downdate".
In the physical realization there is only a update. This conceptual simplification eliminates various tricky issues that arise with rollback and revert while at the same time it does not Limit the capabilities.
Re: Client Downgrade with F2 Updater [message #1140676 is a reply to message #1138842] Wed, 16 October 2013 14:29 Go to previous message
Christian  Döbele is currently offline Christian DöbeleFriend
Hi Jeremie, Ivan

Thank you for the feedback.

I will check if the "forward downgrade" method can be adopted to meet the customer's requirements.

Christian
Previous Topic:Why are several Preferences disabled
Next Topic:unmarshalling issue (different java versions)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:51:07 GMT 2024