Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse does not start up [Linux](ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter)
Eclipse does not start up [Linux] [message #1138746] Tue, 15 October 2013 09:46 Go to next message
Thomas Hartmann is currently offline Thomas HartmannFriend
Hi,

my Eclipse installation crashes immediately after the start on Fedora 19.

The error log complains about a missing EclipseStarter class.

I have already tried to cleanly reinstall Eclipse as well as OpenJDK 1.7; I switched the alternatives for the Java installation and tried to run Eclipse letting -vm point to the dedicated javaws -- but all without success so far.

Maybe somebody has an idea for me?

Cheers and Thanks,
Thomas

Error log:
!SESSION Tue Oct 15 11:40:57 CEST 2013 -----------------------------------------
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2013-10-15 11:40:57.587
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:635)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:593)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1423)

StartUp log
CompilerOracle: exclude org/eclipse/core/internal/dtree/DataTreeNode.forwardDeltaWith
CompilerOracle: exclude org/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/lookup/ParameterizedMethodBinding.<init>
CompilerOracle: exclude org/eclipse/cdt/internal/core/dom/parser/cpp/semantics/CPPTemplates.instantiateTemplate
CompilerOracle: exclude org/eclipse/cdt/internal/core/pdom/dom/cpp/PDOMCPPLinkage.addBinding
CompilerOracle: exclude org/python/pydev/editor/codecompletion/revisited/PythonPathHelper.isValidSourceFile
CompilerOracle: exclude org/python/pydev/ui/filetypes/FileTypesPreferencesPage.getDottedValidSourceFiles
CompilerOracle: exclude org/eclipse/tycho/core/osgitools/EquinoxResolver.newState

Re: Eclipse does not start up [Linux] [message #1139390 is a reply to message #1138746] Tue, 15 October 2013 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Don't use "javaw" when something's wrong. Instead, use the "java" binary and start Eclipse with the -consoleLog switch. How was this Eclipse installed?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 18:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse does not start up [Linux] [message #1706764 is a reply to message #1139390] Sun, 30 August 2015 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pampapathi kenchappa is currently offline pampapathi kenchappaFriend
i was downloaded tar file from eclipse.org site and i try to extracted from terminal there also at end of the extraction little problem after extracting opt folder. i created file in that i typed all the required data for eclips.desktop then i try to execute .

but it s not opening at all
  • Attachment: complaints
    (Size: 0.87KB, Downloaded 103 times)
Re: Eclipse does not start up [Linux] [message #1706773 is a reply to message #1706764] Mon, 31 August 2015 02:58 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
You had an error during extraction? Whatever that error was, it's probably the root of the problem. The entire contents of the tar or zip needs to be extracted correctly in order for Eclipse to work. Try again, get a clean extraction and then see if Eclipse starts correctly.
Previous Topic:Disable "Confirm Perspective Switch" Dialog
Next Topic:Help with a annoyance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:49:24 GMT 2024