Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Comparing Objects with EMFCompare
Comparing Objects with EMFCompare [message #1137621] Mon, 14 October 2013 16:18 Go to next message
d 627 is currently offline d 627Friend
Hi there

This is my question, I am comparing two different projects V1 V2
A possible representation of V1 and V2 could be something like this:

A->B->C
'-> D

A->F->B->C
'-> D

Because of the particularities of my models B can be moved into another object in this case F. At this point EMF compare wil tell me somthing like this:

"The object B has been removed"
"The object F has been added"

This is true but only from the point of view of the location of the objects inside the two models, but from the point of view of the logic B has been just moved into another position. Now it is my task confirm that this is like this. This is where I wonder if I can use EMFCompare to compare two OBJECT rather than two models, because it is possible than the B Object has been relocated but it is also possible that this object has been modified or really cancelled.

Can I use the framework to do something like this?

Regards
Re: Comparing Objects with EMFCompare [message #1140174 is a reply to message #1137621] Wed, 16 October 2013 07:19 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

This is not possible with EMF Compare 1.3 since that was one of the key limitations of that version. EMF Compare 1 cannot detect changes "under" an added or deleted element, in your case, F.

Please use EMF Compare 2.1 for needs such as this one.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:EMF Compare get ModelElementChangeLeftTarget/ModelElementChangeRightTarget Attributes
Next Topic:Looking for an EObject inside an EList
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:59:52 GMT 2024