Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Convinient way of switching between Cross GCC and native build?
Convinient way of switching between Cross GCC and native build? [message #1135914] Sun, 13 October 2013 14:05 Go to next message
Jesper We is currently offline Jesper WeFriend
I am developing for ARM under Kubuntu on a PC, so my project is a Cross GCC project.
However, sometimes it would be nice to be able to code and debug also when I don't have access to the target H/W. The application will run just fine on an ordinary PC.

My first attempt was to use a different Build configuration. But it seems the Cross GCC project type sits "above" the buld configuration settings, and can't be changed...

Any tips on how to configure stuff so I can smoothly transition between my target H/W and working native on the PC?

(I tried googling around for info but found very little...)

/j
Re: Convinient way of switching between Cross GCC and native build? [message #1140340 is a reply to message #1135914] Wed, 16 October 2013 09:36 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Using build configurations is the way to go. You can define the toolchain for every build configuration.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Eclipse/KEPLER/ IDE for C/C++ & CImg
Next Topic:Share projects on multiple platforms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:35:17 GMT 2024