Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Reusing EMF.Edit property sheet
Reusing EMF.Edit property sheet [message #1133593] Sat, 12 October 2013 00:09 Go to next message
Dénes Harmath is currently offline Dénes HarmathFriend
Hi all,

I want to integrate the property sheet generated by EMF.Edit in my Graphiti editor. However, neither the tutorial nor the example projects contain any example how to do this, and the method described in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=357632 does not work any more due to API changes. If someone already has managed to solve this, could (s)he provide the working relevant source code and plugin.xml excerpts?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Reusing EMF.Edit property sheet [message #1134115 is a reply to message #1133593] Sat, 12 October 2013 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vladimir D is currently offline Vladimir DFriend
Hi Dénes,

I've had a similar problem some time ago. I ended up using EEF (tutorial for Graphiti: http://eclipsercpdev.blogspot.com/2011/10/use-eclipse-eef-as-property-sheet-for.html) which works well even now with new API changes. Only problem is that you cannot make a property widget for any containment with upper bound 1. This is a major problem form me and now I'm considering switching to hand written prop sheets or some sort of integration of these two.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Vladimir

Re: Reusing EMF.Edit property sheet [message #1135028 is a reply to message #1134115] Sat, 12 October 2013 23:26 Go to previous message
Dénes Harmath is currently offline Dénes HarmathFriend
Hi Vladimir,

thanks for your reply! I also tried EEF, but when I Initialize EEF models from my genmodel, the generation throws an exception, which is kind of a showstopper issue, that's why I want to go with the good old EMF.Edit-generated code.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.core.initializer.ViewTransformer.eStructuralFeature2ViewElement(ViewTransformer.java:156)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.core.initializer.ViewTransformer.genClass2Views(ViewTransformer.java:108)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.core.initializer.ViewTransformer.genPackage2ViewsRepository(ViewTransformer.java:85)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.core.initializer.PropertiesInitializer.initialize(PropertiesInitializer.java:103)
at org.eclipse.emf.eef.codegen.ui.initializer.actions.InitializeEEFModelsAction.run(InitializeEEFModelsAction.java:77)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4166)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1466)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1489)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1474)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1279)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4012)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3651)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:487)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)

[Updated on: Sat, 12 October 2013 23:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to avoid linking of diagram to the model object to be part of the command stack
Next Topic:Add connection without palette
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:00:01 GMT 2024