Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » EUC-JP encoded files(Working with EUC-JP encoded files in Eclipse)
icon5.gif  EUC-JP encoded files [message #1132007] Thu, 10 October 2013 23:32 Go to next message
Keith Lehman is currently offline Keith LehmanFriend
Hi:

I've got a fair amount of source code from a partner company in Japan. Most of the files are encoded in UTF-8, but some are in EUC-JP (and possibly other formats). I can change the encoding for files in the Eclipse editor, but EUC-JP is not one of the allowed formats. Does anyone know how to add encoding options? I am running Eclipse on Windows 2008 server, Data Center edition x64. Alternatively, does anyone know of any good tools for converting between EUC-JP and UTF-8, or of another forum location where I might find the answer? (I'm fairly new to Eclipse and Java...)

Thanks!
Re: EUC-JP encoded files [message #1133734 is a reply to message #1132007] Sat, 12 October 2013 02:27 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
If you mean there is no EUC-JP in the drop-down list, it is editable(you can edit in the text-box).
For conversion, try searching stackoverflow.com with keywords such as "file encoding conversion tool". (I was using a porting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Kanji_Filter to Windows)
(see also Eclipse Community Forums: Newcomers » How to add a text encoding to eclipse)
Previous Topic:Killing threads in debugger
Next Topic:macbook pro retina with eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:19:28 GMT 2024