Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Where did the data cached files put
Where did the data cached files put [message #1131190] Thu, 10 October 2013 09:25 Go to next message
Beryl Yellow is currently offline Beryl YellowFriend
Dear all,

I am wandering if the birt put the data files in the server side. Because when I set the session timeout with 20minutes, the report can't go to next page when I click the next page button.
I thought birt just query the results from database one time, then cached in a file, but where does this file being put? server or browser side?
Hope some one can tell me.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Where did the data cached files put [message #1137103 is a reply to message #1131190] Mon, 14 October 2013 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
Hi,

Reports are cached in .rptdocument files, which are stored on server side in the folder specified in web.xml with this parameter: BIRT_VIEWER_DOCUMENT_FOLDER. By default it is a folder relative to the Webviewer application.
Re: Where did the data cached files put [message #1141931 is a reply to message #1137103] Thu, 17 October 2013 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Donino,

I set that as below in web.xml
<context-param>
<description>Temporary document files directory. Defaults to ${Context Root}/documents</description>
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_DOCUMENT_FOLDER</param-name>
<param-value>WEB-INF/report-engine/documents</param-value>
</context-param>

But the directory was always empty, whenever I run the reports.
Could u pls tell me how to check the report document?
Thanks a lot!!!
Re: Where did the data cached files put [message #1142092 is a reply to message #1137103] Thu, 17 October 2013 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I set the timeout is 120 minutes, after about 90 minutes the document didn't cleared, but the report can't go to the next page. And it shows "The viewing session is not available or expired".
Re: Where did the data cached files put [message #1142098 is a reply to message #1137103] Thu, 17 October 2013 11:48 Go to previous message
I set the tomcat session timeout is 120 minutes in the conf\web.xml. I found the xx.rptdocument was still there, but I can't go to next page when I click the next page button. That't why?

Could u pls kindly give me some advice?

Thanks in advance!
Previous Topic:reportContext.getHttpServletRequest() not working on BIRT 2.2.1.1
Next Topic:The relationship between Birt session and web session
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:39:43 GMT 2024