Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » The view session is not available or expired(When I open a report in IE and after several minutes,I click next page will show this message)
The view session is not available or expired [message #1131081] Thu, 10 October 2013 07:04 Go to next message
Beryl Yellow is currently offline Beryl YellowFriend
I used MyEclipse10.6 integrated birt3.7 to develop reports and with some other web functions. When I deployed in Tomcat7, I access the report in IE8.0 and after several minutes, I click the next page button will show the message "The view session is not available or expired"

But my viewer.properties has set viewer.session.timeout=0, which means it won't expired.

Anyone has ideas?

thanks in advance!
Re: The view session is not available or expired [message #1132417 is a reply to message #1131081] Fri, 11 October 2013 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone knows it?

When I opened a report, then I operate other pages in the project, after a few minutes, the report was still expired. Why? How can I set the report's session time?
It's urgent for me.
Thanks in advance!!!
Re: The view session is not available or expired [message #1137095 is a reply to message #1132417] Mon, 14 October 2013 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
It is probably due to Tomcat session, which is different from webviewer session parameter you mentionned. You should try to set the timeout value you like in web.xml of the viewer, or in <tomcat_home>/conf/web.xml

<session-config>
<session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
</session-config>
Re: The view session is not available or expired [message #1141924 is a reply to message #1137095] Thu, 17 October 2013 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But If I set that in web.xml as below:
It seems just no more than 60 minutes,the report session has expired.

Can it be set in birt side?

<session-config>
<session-timeout>120</session-timeout>
</session-config>
Re: The view session is not available or expired [message #1775186 is a reply to message #1141924] Thu, 26 October 2017 01:57 Go to previous message
gangadhar mohan is currently offline gangadhar mohanFriend
Can any one please let me know how to delete the temporary files in the document folder in Birt!!

Very urgent issue. I have changed the settings in viewer.propoerites but still not working any other idea!!!!
Previous Topic:avoid/clean up BIRT runtime images files
Next Topic:Problem with php and google chrome showing a report as PDF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:38:26 GMT 2024