Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Need help getting started with dandelion plugin
Need help getting started with dandelion plugin [message #1130744] Wed, 09 October 2013 22:24 Go to next message
Paul Bowyer is currently offline Paul BowyerFriend
I am very new to Eclipse. I just downloaded for testing

Eclipse Standard/SDK
Version: Kepler Service Release 1
Build id: 20130919-0819

and

de.defmacro.dandelion.feature.sbcl.linux.x86_1.1.10.jar

which I managed to install in the new Eclipse IDE, but I cannot discern how to make it operational. How do I make a project in Eclipse that uses Dandelion? I haven't found a way to make that happen.

I also installed these two plug-ins for a comparison and they seem to work as far as I can tell with my minimal experience. I can't seem to find documentation on Dandelion or anything on the Internet that explains its usage.

C/C++ Development Tools 8.2.1.201309180223 org.eclipse.cdt.feature.group Eclipse CDT

C/C++ Development Tools SDK 8.2.1.201309180223 org.eclipse.cdt.sdk.feature.group Eclipse CDT

Also, I should mention that I'm using Linux Mint Nadia w/ KDE on a 64-bit platform.
Re: Need help getting started with dandelion plugin [message #1137836 is a reply to message #1130744] Mon, 14 October 2013 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Bohn is currently offline Michael BohnFriend
Hi Paul,

from your description it sounds like you only installed the environment and not the core plugin. Can you make sure, that you also installed the de.defmacro.dandelion_1.2.2.jar file? The best way to install Dandelion is to use the Eclipse Update Manager under Help > Install New Software... and paste this URL into the 'Add Repository' dialog: http://dandelion-ecl.sourceforge.net/update/.

You should now be able to create a 'Lisp project' in the 'New Project' dialog.

After the installation you also have to make the Lisp binary executable. Go to the folder 'de.defmacro.dandelion.env.*/binary' in your 'plugins' directory and make the binary executable via 'chmod +x <name of the binary found there>'.

After that everything should work, tell me if not.

-- Michael

Re: Need help getting started with dandelion plugin [message #1139211 is a reply to message #1137836] Tue, 15 October 2013 16:10 Go to previous message
Paul Bowyer is currently offline Paul BowyerFriend
Thank you Michael,

I thought I had done as you recommended previously, so I tried to remove the Dandelion plugin and start over, but I couldn't find a way to do that, so I removed Eclipse entirely, re-installed Eclipse and then did as you recommended. That worked fine and I was able to create a Lisp project that compiled and ran.

By the way, I see where it is possible to use other Lisp environments and I currently use SBCL-1.1.12, which I upgrade approximately monthly, so would like to know the steps required to upgrade the Lisp environment for Dandelion so I can stay current.
Previous Topic:The import javax.media cannot be resolved
Next Topic:Where is reflect in the eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:17:23 GMT 2024