Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Selecting parent in SWT tree
Selecting parent in SWT tree [message #1130195] Wed, 09 October 2013 10:00 Go to next message
Torsten Janke is currently offline Torsten JankeFriend
Hi everybody,

I taking my first stept with Jubula. Setting up the first (simple) test cases were rather easy and straight-forward (well, a little learning was required but it was well within bounds Wink. Now I am trying to create a somewhat-more relevant testcase for my application, where I have trouble verifying that the test is ok.

Here is what I need to do: my application displays an SWT tree with some data in it, and based on some complicated logic auto-selects one node in the tree. I need to verify that the correct node is selected.
Trouble is, that the auto-selected node is not a node that uniquely identifies the selection, this is the parent element. A little illustration for this:

Root
+---Identifying node 1
| +--- node "abc" (auto-selected)
+---Identifying node 2
+--- node "abc"

So now I tried to select the parent via "ub_tre_selectNote_byIndexpath" node and check with "ub_tre_checkTextOfSelectedNode". For the selection I can give the path as "relative", set "pre_ascend" to 1...but then what? I cannot give 0 as "indexpath" (results in an error).

Can anybody give me a hint on this? Would be great!

Regards,
Torsten
Re: Selecting parent in SWT tree [message #1130417 is a reply to message #1130195] Wed, 09 October 2013 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I had a try out as well and I don't think there's any way to pre-ascend and then not descend Wink

However, you may be able to work around it to solve your problem by using the left-key (may not be platform independent, or not active on your system) to move one level up and then perform a "check text of selected node" on that selection.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Selecting parent in SWT tree [message #1131149 is a reply to message #1130417] Thu, 10 October 2013 08:39 Go to previous message
Torsten Janke is currently offline Torsten JankeFriend
Hi Alex,

the workaround works for me, thanks for the idea and quick reply Smile Still it would be good to have a "parent select" possibility, since using the workaround necessitates "tabbing" to the tree widget beforehand, which is kind of ugly. Anyways, I can live with the way it works now!

Regards,
Torsten
Previous Topic:Missing 'org.eclipse.jubula.feature' for target platform
Next Topic:"Default Event Handler" is triggered instead of my customized handler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:05:35 GMT 2024