Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Multipath Target Platforms
Multipath Target Platforms [message #1125727] Fri, 04 October 2013 20:44
Terran Gilman is currently offline Terran GilmanFriend
When using Buckminster within the IDE, you have a base target platform from the host Eclipse instance and a secondary path defaulting to {workspace.root}/.buckminster/tp. This is quite handy as it allows you to have a baseline and a workspace specific set of plugins to compile against.

Is there a way to simulate this behavior when running headless? Specifically I'm using Buckminster with Hudson to build several products. The baseline target platform is quite large so I have the import and materialization of that definition located in a separate job. The Buckminster plugin for Hudson is nice enough to keep track of that target platform and provides a drop down to select it in downstream jobs.

The problem I am running into is the downstream jobs are materializing binary dependencies into this directory instead of a local directory and stepping on each other's toes. What I need is to be able to use the base line target platform generated by the first job, but force new dependencies to be materialized in the local workspace. Any Ideas?
Previous Topic:junit command using p2 site
Next Topic:Making plugin-based ant tasks in a jar file known to Buckminster
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:29:13 GMT 2024