Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Client error: TypeError(Client error after press keys.)
Client error: TypeError [message #1122635] Tue, 01 October 2013 19:44 Go to next message
Jacob He is currently offline Jacob HeFriend
On RAP 2.1 application, I pressed several keys quickly on page and "client error" occurred.

In FF, error message is: TypeError: ObjectManager.getEntry(...) is undefined
In IE, error message is: TypeError: Unable to get value of the property 'handler': object is null or undefined

Stack trace shows the error occurs at rap-client.js line 71046. The method is rwt.remote.RemoteObjectFactory._initRemoteObject.

Code is:
var handler = ObjectManager.getEntry( id ).handler;

Is this a bug or something is wrong in my application? I am stuck for the error occurs repeatedly. I really need help on this.

The detail error messages displayed are in attachments.
Re: Client error: TypeError [message #1123150 is a reply to message #1122635] Wed, 02 October 2013 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Jacob,
could you provide a snippet to reproduce the error?
Best,
Ivan

On 10/1/2013 10:56 PM, Jacob He wrote:
> On RAP 2.1 application, I pressed several keys quickly on page and "client error" occurred.
>
> In FF, error message is: TypeError: ObjectManager.getEntry(...) is undefined
> In IE, error message is: TypeError: Unable to get value of the property 'handler': object is null or undefined
>
> Stack trace shows the error occurs at rap-client.js line 71046. The method is rwt.remote.RemoteObjectFactory._initRemoteObject.
>
> Code is:
> var handler = ObjectManager.getEntry( id ).handler;
>
> Is this a bug or something is wrong in my application? I am stuck for the error occurs repeatedly. I really need help on this.
>
> The detail error messages displayed are in attachments.

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: Client error: TypeError [message #1125697 is a reply to message #1123150] Fri, 04 October 2013 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Ivan,

Thanks for response.

The base idea of my application is:
1. use RWT.ACTIVE_KEYS to accept some shortcut key strike from web page;
2. the key strike will signal a back end thread to run some business logic;
3. the back end thread will update widgets on web page, like deleting old widgets, creating new widgets, updating exist widgets, etc.

The attachment is a prototype project for such idea. The entry point of it is "/demo". After opening a new editor, just press one of following keys quickly enough, the client error will occur always. It has been tried on RAP 2.1 and 2.1.1.

Keys: "ENTER", "BREAK", "PAGE_DOWN", "PAGE_UP", "F1", "F2", "F3", "F4", "F5", "F6", "F7", "F8", "F9", "F10", "F11", "F12", "SHIFT+F1", "SHIFT+F2", "SHIFT+F3", "SHIFT+F4", "SHIFT+F5", "SHIFT+F6", "SHIFT+F7", "SHIFT+F8", "SHIFT+F9", "SHIFT+F10", "SHIFT+F11", "SHIFT+F12"

One of my customer's tester tried this scenario extremely by pressing a key without releasing, and then filed this error as critical and unacceptable.
  • Attachment: Demo.zip
    (Size: 22.96KB, Downloaded 111 times)
Re: Client error: TypeError [message #1125720 is a reply to message #1125697] Fri, 04 October 2013 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Jacob,
please open a bugzilla and attach your demo project there.
Thanks,
Ivan

On 10/4/2013 11:04 PM, Jacob He wrote:
> Hi, Ivan,
>
> Thanks for response.
>
> The base idea of my application is:
> 1. use RWT.ACTIVE_KEYS to accept some shortcut key strike from web page;
> 2. the key strike will signal a back end thread to run some business logic;
> 3. the back end thread will update widgets on web page, like deleting old widgets, creating new widgets, updating exist widgets, etc.
>
> The attachment is a prototype project for such idea. The entry point of it is "/demo". After opening a new editor, just press one of following keys quickly enough, the client error will occur always. It has been tried on RAP 2.1 and 2.1.1.
>
> Keys: "ENTER", "BREAK", "PAGE_DOWN", "PAGE_UP", "F1", "F2", "F3", "F4", "F5", "F6", "F7", "F8", "F9", "F10", "F11", "F12", "SHIFT+F1", "SHIFT+F2", "SHIFT+F3", "SHIFT+F4", "SHIFT+F5", "SHIFT+F6", "SHIFT+F7", "SHIFT+F8", "SHIFT+F9", "SHIFT+F10", "SHIFT+F11", "SHIFT+F12"
>
> One of my customer's tester tried this scenario extremely by pressing a key without releasing, and then filed this error as critical and unacceptable.

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: Client error: TypeError [message #1125848 is a reply to message #1122635] Fri, 04 October 2013 23:41 Go to previous message
bug 418719 opened.
Previous Topic:Client error: TypeError: ObjectManager.getEntry(...) is undefined
Next Topic:Error: AnimationRenderer failed: Cannot read property 'length' of null
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:55:31 GMT 2024