Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [ECL] How to exclude matches / how to run module
[ECL] How to exclude matches / how to run module [message #1121649] Mon, 30 September 2013 21:08 Go to next message
Alexander Fülleborn is currently offline Alexander FüllebornFriend
Hello,

I am still quite new in the Epsilon ETL/ECL topic and have currently two questions/problems:

1.) How do I need to run my ECL script? When I start it, I get some dialogue boxes with progress information that tell me the system does a couple of things. However, neither in the Epsilon console nor in any messages/problems console a result or error is presented. I provide the detail description and minimum example concerning my project in a note and a zip file I attached to this message.

2.) How can I exclude some kind of elements from matching. I would like to compare models that contain classes with generic names that are not relevant for the matching mechanism. I am just interested in certain classes (with a dedicated stereotype) and in the structure of two models (i.e. the relationships between them).

Any helpful hint is very much appreciated.

Kind regards, Alexander

[Updated on: Tue, 05 November 2013 20:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [ECL] How to exclude matches / how to run module [message #1124507 is a reply to message #1121649] Thu, 03 October 2013 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Alexander,

You can run your ECL transformation in the same way your run your ETL transformation (through an ECL run configuration). To check whether your Class2Class rule is getting executed, you can either add a breakpoint and run your configuration in debug mode (as in Java) or you can modify the compare part of your rule to include a println() statement which should appear in the console.

compare {
("Comparing " + l.name + " with " + r.name).println();
return l.name = r.name;
}

To exclude particular elements you can add guards to your rules.

Cheers,
Dimitris

Re: [ECL] How to exclude matches / how to run module [message #1125145 is a reply to message #1124507] Fri, 04 October 2013 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

thanks a lot for your answer. I followed your suggestions. First, I tried to get information via the print statements. However, there was no output from them. Hence, I then performed the module in debug mode. However, to be honest, I cannot interpret the error I found, see screenshot of the error from the debugger. What does this mean?

Thanks and kind regards, Alexander
Re: [ECL] How to exclude matches / how to run module [message #1125832 is a reply to message #1125145] Fri, 04 October 2013 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Alexander,

Your ECL comparison ran to termination so there was no code to navigate to when you double-clicked "globals". Another way to debug is to add a pre {} block to your ECL module with a println() statement and see if anything is printed in the console.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [ECL] How to exclude matches / how to run module [message #1126330 is a reply to message #1121649] Sat, 05 October 2013 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

thanks a lot for this hint. I added such a statement into the module. This is indeed executed, as the text in the println() statement is shown in the Epsilon console. Hence, how can I proceed with the analysis? I have no clue what the reason can be ;-(.

Thanks and kind regards, Alexander
Re: [ECL] How to exclude matches / how to run module [message #1126422 is a reply to message #1126330] Sat, 05 October 2013 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Alexander,

Could you please attach your current ECL launch configuration (assuming that your code/models are the same with those contained in the zip file attached to the ETL thread)?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [ECL] How to exclude matches / how to run module [message #1126454 is a reply to message #1126422] Sat, 05 October 2013 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,

your assumption is correct - the launch configuration is in the same zip file that I provided in the ETL thread. But I attached it also already to this thread. What do you need in addition?

Thanks and cheers, Alexander
Re: [ECL] How to exclude matches / how to run module [message #1126581 is a reply to message #1126454] Sat, 05 October 2013 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Alexander,

The attachment in [1] only contains an ETL launch configuration as far as I can see, not an ECL one. Am I missing something here?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/535861/1121649/#msg_1121649
Re: [ECL] How to exclude matches / how to run module [message #1172237 is a reply to message #1126581] Tue, 05 November 2013 20:03 Go to previous message
Hi Dimitris,

I worked on the other issues concerning ETL. Therefore, I had no time to care about this issue during that time. I add the archive including the ECL launch configuration in the new attachment from today. Can you also have a look on the issue I raised yesterday concerning the capabilities of the ECL language?

Thanks a lot and kind regards, Alexander
Previous Topic:select command in .ETL
Next Topic:How to load an xsd-backed xml-model in the Epsilon workflow language?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:53:36 GMT 2024