Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Delete of pictogram element using keyboard is not working(Delete of Pictogram element using keyboard delete is not working)
Delete of pictogram element using keyboard is not working [message #1121122] Mon, 30 September 2013 09:40 Go to next message
PALANI SANKAR is currently offline PALANI SANKARFriend
Hi All

I am facing a problem that delete of pictogram element using keyboard is not working.

when i select an element explicitly , in the context(IContext) i am not getting the selected pictogram element , i am getting context.getPictogramElement as DiagramImpl and i am not getting as ContainerShapeImpl. I can't able to figure out why on selection of element am getting diagramimpl as context.getpictogramelement.

But when i do right click and do delete i am getting the correct pictogramElement.

Can someone help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks
Palani

Thanks
Palani
Re: Delete of pictogram element using keyboard is not working [message #1121196 is a reply to message #1121122] Mon, 30 September 2013 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Palani,

how do you trigger the selection via the keyboard? What you describe sounds
a bit like you just move around the cursor but do not trigger the actual
selection by pressing space.

Michael
Re: Delete of pictogram element using keyboard is not working [message #1121220 is a reply to message #1121122] Mon, 30 September 2013 11:48 Go to previous message
PALANI SANKAR is currently offline PALANI SANKARFriend
Hi Michael

I am not hovering over and i am just doing explicit selection on the element, but context.getpictogramelement gives me diagramimpl only always.

So i tried another approach like i create a new delete context and got the selected pictogram element using getDiagramBehavior().getDiagramContainer().getSelectedPictogramElements()[0]

It works fine for me and it solves my issue.correct me if am wrong.

Thanks
Palani

Thanks
Palani
Previous Topic:Distinguish Containers
Next Topic:Maintaining shape properties after closing the diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:38:19 GMT 2024