Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Infinity Properties(When defining structured types, changing Infinity properties doesn't take any effect)
Infinity Properties [message #1120413] Sun, 29 September 2013 15:20 Go to next message
Jacek Hełka is currently offline Jacek HełkaFriend
When defining structured type, there is a set of properties allowing for determine if the particular property is mandatory or not, how should it be represented on a form (e.g. as a textarea or checkbox), but changing them doesn't take any effect. The property used as a form of a task is not marked as madatory, and it's control doesn't change too.
Am I doing something wrong, or it is by design?
Re: Infinity Properties [message #1120972 is a reply to message #1120413] Mon, 30 September 2013 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tanmoy Roy is currently offline Tanmoy RoyFriend
Hi Jacek,

You need to set value in the property drop-down inside the Structure Type Definition. And the form will display accordingly.

For example, after making the 'Mandatory' check on please select the value as 'Yes'. And the form will populate the text field in red border. It also does the validation, in case of empty field activity will not complete.

-Tanmoy Roy
Re: Infinity Properties [message #1121628 is a reply to message #1120972] Mon, 30 September 2013 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacek Hełka is currently offline Jacek HełkaFriend
OK, I found the solution.

My mistake was, that I mapped structured type properties separately as inbound/outbound data mappings. As I understand, taken separately, they are only simple type values, so stardust is not aware of their definitions within structured type.
When I mapped whole structured type variable as a data mapping of a manual task, everything started to work.

Re: Infinity Properties [message #1121917 is a reply to message #1121628] Tue, 01 October 2013 04:07 Go to previous message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Jacek,

that is correct and I would consider it a feature. It allows you to read/write a single value(s), possible from different structured data, without displaying the whole structure(s).

Best regards

Rob
Previous Topic:Stardust - Process Diagram View
Next Topic:Infinity Scan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:29:50 GMT 2024