Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula failed to locate menu bar when executing test on Linux
Jubula failed to locate menu bar when executing test on Linux [message #1117697] Thu, 26 September 2013 18:17 Go to next message
Jiajian Lei is currently offline Jiajian LeiFriend
Hi,

I tried to record some basic UI tests against the Mail RCP template generated by Eclipse RCP Kepler, but it turned out all tests related to menu bar functionalities failed to execute on Linux.
For instance, if I were to select 'Help -> install new software', it would hang and failed to locate the correct menu bar, which led to the test failure eventually. The same test would run fine on Windows.

Screenshot is attached.

I am running 64-bit jubula_7.1.00055 on 64-bit Ubuntu.
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 176.60KB, Downloaded 181 times)
Re: Jubula failed to locate menu bar when executing test on Linux [message #1118470 is a reply to message #1117697] Fri, 27 September 2013 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Could you post another screenshot that shows the same result, but with the failed step selected? It may be the case that you need to alter a parameter.
Does the AUT agent log contain anything at the time that the test was executed?

When you create the test using the unbound modules (e.g. ub_mbr_select...), do you get the same problem?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Jubula failed to locate menu bar when executing test on Linux [message #1118700 is a reply to message #1118470] Fri, 27 September 2013 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jiajian Lei is currently offline Jiajian LeiFriend
The new screenshot is attached.

ALso, when I switched to windows and attempted to create a test using the recorder, I noticed that it could not record the time different between each action. For instance, after I clicked on 'Next' button, the loading process would take like 10 secs before moving on to the next window on which the next GUI action will be run. But when Jubula ran the tests, it would skip the 10 secs of waiting and tried to perform the next GUI action when the new window was not ready yet since AUT was still loading from the previous action. How should i solve this issue? Screenshot is attached as well. (You can also see that the menu bar issue does not happen on windows from the screenshot)

We haven't tried creating the test using the unbound modules yet, because we are still at the point where we are exploring different GUI functional testing tool for our new project. Therefore, all sample tests we have created so far are mainly done by the recorder feature, which we hope we can continue using during actual development in the future.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Jubula failed to locate menu bar when executing test on Linux [message #1121292 is a reply to message #1118700] Mon, 30 September 2013 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heinz Christoph Dau-Schmidt is currently offline Heinz Christoph Dau-SchmidtFriend
I can confirm this problem...
I could solve this, be using a "workaround". with key kombinations to select a menu entry in my Eclipse Application on Linux.
Re: Jubula failed to locate menu bar when executing test on Linux [message #1122004 is a reply to message #1121292] Tue, 01 October 2013 06:16 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The problem under linux is new to me - can either of you confirm whether the unbound modules also cause the same issue?

Jiajian - the point you mention in your post about the lack of synchronization is exactly one of the reasons why we suggest using the unbound modules. Any test that is recorded (with any tool) will have to be made robust, reusable and readable: there will always be adaptations necessary after recording. In fact, the effort to make a recorded test good is probably the same (maybe even less) than writing it from scratch using e.g. the unbound modules. Anyway, lesson over - for your case, you'll probably want to write a module that clicks next, waits for some cue (a window title, a component, a text, ...) that means the test can continue.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Use Jpanel or custom components
Next Topic:Get current time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:42:53 GMT 2024