Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » How to build content of rt.equinox.bundles.git with maven?
How to build content of rt.equinox.bundles.git with maven? [message #1117652] Thu, 26 September 2013 17:12 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Hi,

I have checkout rt.equinox.bundles.git to make a modification on the servletbridge. I wanted to build it with maven, but I think that I need to maven-install something else before. Now some dependencies are missing locally.

Quote:
>mvn clean install:
[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.": ["Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.osgi.services 3.4.0.qualifier to package javax.microedition.io 0.0.0.", "Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.osgi.services 3.4.0.qualifier to package javax.servlet.http 0.0.0.", "Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.osgi.services 3.4.0.qualifier to package javax.servlet 0.0.0.", "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable."] -> [Help 1]

Where can I find the build instruction for the bundles contained in rt.equinox.bundles.git?

(It would be sufficient to indicate the Hudson build building it at eclipse. I should be able to reproduce it locally)

Re: How to build content of rt.equinox.bundles.git with maven? [message #1117667 is a reply to message #1117652] Thu, 26 September 2013 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
Unfortunately our equinox build is still tightly coupled to the eclipse platform build. You will need to follow the instructions for the eclipse build to build these yourself:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Platform_Build
Re: How to build content of rt.equinox.bundles.git with maven? [message #1120988 is a reply to message #1117667] Mon, 30 September 2013 06:36 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Thank you for your explanations and the Link.

I was working on Bug 393407. To test the patch, I exported the jar with PDE (export from the product editor)...

This not standalone Maven Build also explains why the Gerrit Job for this repository is failing.

By the way: thanks for your quick review on the Gerrit Change...
Previous Topic:Platform.getBundle returns null when self-hosting.
Next Topic:Launch equinox in Tomcat 7 using servletbridge raises IllegalStateException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:05:14 GMT 2024