Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » The package is needed but is not accessible from the generator model
The package is needed but is not accessible from the generator model [message #1116704] Wed, 25 September 2013 19:09 Go to next message
Tarcísio Couto is currently offline Tarcísio CoutoFriend
Hello guys,

I have a file called arquivo.emf that depends on BPMN20.ecore right? The BPMN20.ecore depends on 3 others files called BPMNDI.ecore, DC.ecore and DI.ecore.

When I click on arquivo.emf and after on Eugenia -> Generate GMF Editor, the following problems arise:

The package platform:/resource/tarcisio/model/DI.ecore is needed but is not accessible from the generator model

The package platform:/resource/tarcisio/model/DC.ecore is needed but is not accessible from the generator model

I don't know how to solve this problem.

Thank you.
Re: The package is needed but is not accessible from the generator model [message #1116713 is a reply to message #1116704] Wed, 25 September 2013 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Tarcisio,

I'm afraid that as noted in the Troubleshooting section of [1], Eugenia doesn't work well with Ecore metamodels that span across multiple files/sub-packages.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/eugenia-gmf-tutorial/
Re: The package is needed but is not accessible from the generator model [message #1116717 is a reply to message #1116713] Wed, 25 September 2013 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitri, Eugenia works with more than one metamodels.

I already did a project where A.ecore depends on B.ecore and it works perfect.

Now, I have the problem that I told you before :/
Re: The package is needed but is not accessible from the generator model [message #1116725 is a reply to message #1116713] Wed, 25 September 2013 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm generating the file.genmodel manually, is there any way when I click on Eugenia -> Generate GMF Editor, the file.genmodel that I created before don't be replaced?
Re: The package is needed but is not accessible from the generator model [message #1116730 is a reply to message #1116725] Wed, 25 September 2013 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

To prevent Eugenia from generating your .genmodel you need to do the following:

- Generate your .genmodel manually
- Right click your Ecore metamodel and select Eugenia -> Generate GMF graph, tool and map models
- Right click the generated .gmfmap model and select Create generator model
- Right click the generated .gmfgen model and select Eugenia -> Synchronize GMF gen model
- Right click the .gmfgen model again and select Generate diagram code

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: The package is needed but is not accessible from the generator model [message #1116738 is a reply to message #1116730] Wed, 25 September 2013 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Dimitris!

It works, but the attributes from the class VariationPoint doesn't appears.
Re: The package is needed but is not accessible from the generator model [message #1116742 is a reply to message #1116738] Wed, 25 September 2013 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

Could you please put together a minimal example [1] we can use to reproduce this?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/minimal-examples/
Re: The package is needed but is not accessible from the generator model [message #1117554 is a reply to message #1116742] Thu, 26 September 2013 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
- Version of Epsilon: 1.0.0.201211082326
- Instructions:
- Import the tarcisio project;
- Copy and paste the arquivo.ecore and arquivo.emf files in the model folder;
- Click in BPMN20.genmodel and click in Generate Model code and after Generate Edit Code;
- From the arquivo.ecore file, generate the arquivo.genmodel file manually.
- After, click in arquivo.genmodel and click in Generate Model code and after Generate Edit Code;
- Some erros will appears, then correct the errors using imports;
- Generate manually all others need files, arquivo.gmfgraph, gmftool, gmfgen, diagram, ect;
- If some erros appears, correct using imports;
- Run the project;
- You will see that when you put a variation point node, the attributes doesn't appears, but if you are using a tree everything works normally;

You can download the tarcisio project here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38248929/tarcisio-model.zip

Thank you!
Re: The package is needed but is not accessible from the generator model [message #1117841 is a reply to message #1117554] Thu, 26 September 2013 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

Should there be a copy of arquivo.ecore/arquivo.emf in the zip file?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: The package is needed but is not accessible from the generator model [message #1118425 is a reply to message #1117841] Fri, 27 September 2013 11:52 Go to previous message
Oh, yes!! I'm sorry!

You can download the arquivo.ecore/arquivo.emf here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38248929/filesecoreemf.rar
Previous Topic:[ecl] access to model elements referenced by stub
Next Topic:Package.getESuperPackage() returns null
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:05:19 GMT 2024