Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Background Image in Master Page
Background Image in Master Page [message #1116275] Wed, 25 September 2013 07:20 Go to next message
Alejandro GG is currently offline Alejandro GGFriend
Hi!

I created a library (with name 'new_library') for the purpose of using the master page of this library as a master page for other reports.
In the master page of the library, in the header, i inserted a text element. In the footer, also i inserted a text element.
Finally, I have also established a background image for the master page.
To do this (background image), I have done the following:

Property Editor - Master Page -> Properties -> Advanced -> Simple Master Page -> Background:
Background attachment: scroll
Background color:
Background image: image.bmp
Background image type: URL
Background repeat: No Repeat
Background size height: Auto
Background size width: Auto
Horizontal Position : Center
Vertical Position : Center

Next, I created a report in which I will use this master page.
To do this, once created the report, I have gone to the tab 'Resource Explorer' and then 'Shared Resources->new_library->MasterPages', click on 'MasterPages' and select 'Add to report'.

At design time everything seems fine, putting the background image properly in the report, both tab 'Layout' and the tab 'Master Page', but when I go to the tab 'Preview', the background image is repeated three times: in the header, in the body and in the footer.

I found that if I do not put anything in the header of master page of the library, the background image does not appear in the header. It's the same with the footer.

Does anyone know how to make out the image only once in the body of report?
Re: Background Image in Master Page [message #1117487 is a reply to message #1116275] Thu, 26 September 2013 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

If you can attach a sample library and report that shows the issues, that I can run, that'd be great. Otherwise, just let me know your BIRT version and I'll follow your steps to set it up. Thanks.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Background Image in Master Page [message #1118183 is a reply to message #1117487] Fri, 27 September 2013 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Attachment files. The image must be in the shared resources. I use the version 3.7.2.

Thanks.
Re: Background Image in Master Page [message #1118198 is a reply to message #1117487] Fri, 27 September 2013 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Attachment files. The image must be in the shared resources. I use the version 3.7.2.

Thanks.
Re: Background Image in Master Page [message #1138335 is a reply to message #1118198] Tue, 15 October 2013 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry for the delay. I've had other projects that I've had to take care of that left me no time to check back in here. I'll take a look at this, right now.

Michael

Re: Background Image in Master Page [message #1138374 is a reply to message #1138335] Tue, 15 October 2013 04:13 Go to previous message

This only happens in the "preview" tab. With any of the actual outputs, this does not seem to be a problem. Is there a reason that this behavior in the "preview" tab is a problem?

Michael

Previous Topic:EngineException Error
Next Topic:Unhandled event loop exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:12:06 GMT 2024