Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Right aligned toolbar in an e4 application
Right aligned toolbar in an e4 application [message #1115592] Tue, 24 September 2013 09:56 Go to next message
Peter Ambrus is currently offline Peter AmbrusFriend
Hi!

In my application I would like to create a top trimbar which contains icons on the left side and a searchbox on the right size. I can create these elements through the Eclipse model editor, but I can not set the right alignment for the textbox (searxhbox), it sticks to the left side all the time.
How can I set the right alignment for the searchbox ToolItem? Is there any tag for it or should I use some java code for it?
Re: Right aligned toolbar in an e4 application [message #1115922 is a reply to message #1115592] Tue, 24 September 2013 19:37 Go to previous message
Eric Moffatt is currently offline Eric MoffattFriend

The IDE's TrimBarLayout has explicit handling for 'Spacer' controls. These are MToolControls that have the TrimBarLayout.SPACER tag applied.

Take a look at the WorkbenchWindow#populateTopTrim method for an example of how we use it. You don't need to use our implementation (LayoutModifierToolControl) but you will need something like it.
Previous Topic:Howto test a service with JUnit
Next Topic:Testing my RCP app on Eclipse 4.3 - unwanted progress bar is showing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:49:51 GMT 2024