Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » how to deploy Scout RT to target platform?
how to deploy Scout RT to target platform? [message #1115467] Tue, 24 September 2013 06:32 Go to next message
Chris Snow is currently offline Chris SnowFriend
I've setup the eclipse scout RT source in eclipse and all in compiling ok.

I would now like to be able to hack around at individual modules and deploy them to a runtime with my running Scout application. Is this possible? I think it maybe isn't because of the WAR packaging of all libraries?

Many thanks,

Chris
Re: how to deploy Scout RT to target platform? [message #1115479 is a reply to message #1115467] Tue, 24 September 2013 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
If you have your Scout application and the Scout Runtime code in the same workspace, when you start your Scout application, Eclipse will use the compiled library (containing your modification). You will be able to debug (and to add additional System.out.println in the code to see what happens). This is exactly how I work, when I want to modify something in the Scout RT.

You can go one step further:
With Maven, you can build the runtime jars (mvn clean install in your clone of the repository). This will also build a p2 update site.
In your Eclipse containing your application, you can update the runtime libraries with the one you have built:

Help menu > Install new software: indicate this as update Site ("Work with" field):

file:/C:/{{path_on_your_computer}}/git/org.eclipse.scout.rt/org.eclipse.scout.rt-repository/target/repository/

Does this helps?
Re: how to deploy Scout RT to target platform? [message #1115482 is a reply to message #1115479] Tue, 24 September 2013 06:58 Go to previous message
Chris Snow is currently offline Chris SnowFriend
Thats perfect - thanks Jeremie!
Previous Topic:SWT setInitialSize has no effect
Next Topic:servletbridge.jar 1.2.300.qualifier
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:10:01 GMT 2024