Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » AMP » Target Platforms Extensions and Eclipse compatibility issues
Target Platforms Extensions and Eclipse compatibility issues [message #1113129] Fri, 20 September 2013 17:32 Go to next message
Francesco Farina is currently offline Francesco FarinaFriend
Dear Miles Parker,

I'm working on AMP for Academic purpose, looking whether it would be possible to add MASON as a target platform for AMP.

I would like to ask some questions:

- Could you give me some advices on how to start and where to look. Moreover, has this feature (MASON as a target platform) already been developed? Considered? Would it be possible?

- The second question is about the AMP compatibility with Eclipse's releases.
I was able to let it work with Indigo but I had some problem with other releases. I've noticed your commit (Update to use Juno p2), and tried to follow the build from the source guide but I had some problems, for example:
"No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.amp.releng:Buckminster was found in resourceMap
file:/C:/Users/frafar/workspaceJuno/org.eclipse.amp.git/releng/org.eclipse.amp.releng/releng/amp.rmap".
Could I get AMP working with Eclipse Juno or later?

Regards,
Francesco Farina
Re: Target Platforms Extensions and Eclipse compatibility issues [message #1113231 is a reply to message #1113129] Fri, 20 September 2013 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Francesco Farina wrote on Fri, 20 September 2013 13:32
Dear Miles Parker,

I'm working on AMP for Academic purpose, looking whether it would be possible to add MASON as a target platform for AMP.

I would like to ask some questions:

- Could you give me some advices on how to start and where to look. Moreover, has this feature (MASON as a target platform) already been developed? Considered? Would it be possible?

Glad you're interested! I would look at all of the stuff in the amf gen projects:

org.eclipse.amp.amf.gen

org.eclipse.amp.amf.gen.ascape
org.eclipse.amp.amf.gen.escape

Basically, the idea would be to create a

org.eclipse.amp.amf.gen.mason

Specializing the templates based on for example:

org.eclipse.amp.amf.gen.ascape/src/metaabm/ascape/tmpl/*

Quote:
- The second question is about the AMP compatibility with Eclipse's releases.
I was able to let it work with Indigo but I had some problem with other releases. I've noticed your commit (Update to use Juno p2), and tried to follow the build from the source guide but I had some problems, for example:
"No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.amp.releng:Buckminster was found in resourceMap
file:/C:/Users/frafar/workspaceJuno/org.eclipse.amp.git/releng/org.eclipse.amp.releng/releng/amp.rmap".
Could I get AMP working with Eclipse Juno or later?

Oh, that's ironic. I think buckminster is saying that it can't find itself. Smile Sigh.

Actually, it isn't too hard to deal with the dependencies manually. I'd suggest installing all of the dependencies manually. You can see the various update sites in amp-platform.cspec.

My only concern would be w/ xpand. We're using an elder version of that (not the new xtend support) so you need to be sure to get the appropriate version.

It should run fine under Juno, but I can't voich for Kepler+..

Re: Target Platforms Extensions and Eclipse compatibility issues [message #1150018 is a reply to message #1113129] Tue, 22 October 2013 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marco Amoruso is currently offline Marco AmorusoFriend
Hi Miles,

I'm Francesco's collaborator, we would like to inform you on our work about Mason integration in AMP.
First we added a new project called org.mason.core and another one called org.mason.core-feature, to have Mason as a plugin. Then, as you suggested, we created the org.eclipse.amp.amf.gen.mason project, specializing the xpt templates. In particular, we had some problems with Java.xpt, and since it's used by Ascape and Escape, we decided to add the file JavaMason.xpt in org.eclipse.amp.amf.gen.mason.

Moreover we added org.eclipse.amp.amf.ide.mason in order to create a new Agent Modeling Mason Project that includes the Mason plugin as a dependence. The execution and the visualization of the running simulation is not integrated in Eclipse such as Escape for example, because we don't use AXF and AGF for the moment.

In the last 2 or 3 weeks we have been working on Mason code generation. Our purpose is to lay the foundations about it.
Currently we aren't going to map every AMP features in Mason code.

We built a simple model (Particles, Tutorial3 of Mason) and we reached on having it running by adding a few lines of code using the Method feature.

We would like to have some feedbacks from you and we would will be pleased if you could give us some advice or ideas.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Marco
Re: Target Platforms Extensions and Eclipse compatibility issues [message #1150258 is a reply to message #1150018] Tue, 22 October 2013 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Wow! That's really exciting news. I would love to take a look at what you have so far. Is it on github or somewhere else? I can understand why you would have forked Java.xpt -- even though it is suppossed to be general there are probably still some 'scape isms in there.

I have some model visualization tools that I'm considering either donating to the code base or providing as free add ons -- those could make the model development process more transparent.
Re: Target Platforms Extensions and Eclipse compatibility issues [message #1154957 is a reply to message #1150258] Fri, 25 October 2013 15:35 Go to previous message
Francesco Farina is currently offline Francesco FarinaFriend
Hi Miles,
it's nice to see that you are glad of this job.
We've just uploaded the AMP source code complete of our projects to GitHub.
Here is a guide to let it work with Eclipse Kepler or Luna. It contains the repository link.
dropbox.com/s/u53jc15136szdxa/MASON4AMPGuide.pdf

This is a metamodel compatible with the MASON target platform, it is a simplified version of Particles as it is shown in the MASON Tutorial 3.
dropbox.com/s/kjsbzwwt8ff71s3/Particles.metaabm

Your feedbacks will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Francesco

[Updated on: Fri, 25 October 2013 17:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem Occurring While Installation of AMP
Next Topic:AMP and C/C++ IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:20:46 GMT 2024