Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Behavior of BREAK is not as expected when suite and testcases are configured differently
Behavior of BREAK is not as expected when suite and testcases are configured differently [message #1113080] Fri, 20 September 2013 16:02 Go to next message
Bhupendra Mahajan is currently offline Bhupendra MahajanFriend
Hi,

I have following config

Test-Suite (CONTINUE on Action Error)
  |- TC01
       |- Step1  
       |- Step2 (Error occurs here)
       |- Step3
       |->> Event Handler (BREAK on Action Error)
  |- TC02
       |- Step1  
       |- Step2
       |- Step3
       |->> Event Handler (BREAK on Action Error)

As per my understanding BREAK should stop further execution of the testcase in a test-suite and move on to the next testcase in the same suite

Here, on error (at TC01->Step2), the event handler gets invoked but Jubula continues with next step (TC01->Step3) execution

Am I missing or messing up the config somewhere Rolling Eyes

Appreciate for your help

Thanks,
Bhupendra
Re: Behavior of BREAK is not as expected when suite and testcases are configured differently [message #1114793 is a reply to message #1113080] Mon, 23 September 2013 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Bhupendra,

Could you add the HTML test result report? Thanks!

Alex
Re: Behavior of BREAK is not as expected when suite and testcases are configured differently [message #1130476 is a reply to message #1114793] Wed, 09 October 2013 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sascha Winkler is currently offline Sascha WinklerFriend
hey,
I had the same problem.
i tried to generate the html report but it was only 4 empty pages in the BIRT Report Viewer which was opened automatically.

Sascha

EDIT: sry, that was the wrong button. here is the html report

[Updated on: Thu, 10 October 2013 07:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Behavior of BREAK is not as expected when suite and testcases are configured differently [message #1131123 is a reply to message #1130476] Thu, 10 October 2013 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the report. It sounds like you don't want to be using BREAK, rather that you should be using RETURN.

The documentation on the difference between BREAK and RETURN is here.

There was also another forum thread where the difference was described : here.

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: Behavior of BREAK is not as expected when suite and testcases are configured differently [message #1131163 is a reply to message #1131123] Thu, 10 October 2013 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sascha Winkler is currently offline Sascha WinklerFriend
hey,

so return seems to work if I define several test cases. In my test, there was only one test case with different data stes. I want to run the same test case with the next data set when the check fails. Is there a solution for this, too?
Otherwise i will define a own test case for every data set as workaround.

greetings
Re: Behavior of BREAK is not as expected when suite and testcases are configured differently [message #1131194 is a reply to message #1131163] Thu, 10 October 2013 09:29 Go to previous message
Ah, yes. Data sets. That is indeed the case where neither return nor break will help you I'm afraid.
The workaround would be as you described.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:"Default Event Handler" is triggered instead of my customized handler
Next Topic:Accessibility plugins - problems staying up to date
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:29:41 GMT 2024