Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Populating BIRT report during runtime ?(Is is possible online creation of diagrams during runtime)
Populating BIRT report during runtime ? [message #1113039] Fri, 20 September 2013 14:52 Go to next message
zoran minhen is currently offline zoran minhenFriend
Hi,

1. I am wondering if it is possible with BIRT to create first a
report template with some "empty" fields/placeholders which would
be later filled with the data during run-time from Python program ?

2. Does BIRT offers any Python API for filling that placeholders
with data or maybe BIRT can be feed with data only statically after
the data are completely available (and stored in some DB) ?

3. Is it possible to see during runtime e.g. how diagram consisting
of points is step-by-step drawn ?

best regards,
Z.
Re: Populating BIRT report during runtime ? [message #1113126 is a reply to message #1113039] Fri, 20 September 2013 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You could use BIRT's API's to build your report completely based on your data when it's available. I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly what you're trying to do though. Any ways you can describe your scenario more specifically?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Populating BIRT report during runtime ? [message #1113659 is a reply to message #1113126] Sat, 21 September 2013 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zoran minhen is currently offline zoran minhenFriend
Sure I will explained it more in steps/details. I am currently not using BIRT so I am probably not going to use 100% correct terms.

1. I would like to define Report template using BIRT and to save it.
2. BIRT do have an option for defining source of data usually DB with the data
used to populate Report template, right ? So one start generation immport data from DB and "suddenly" there is nice report.
3. What I want is instead to populate Report from DB to populate BIRT with data over Python API, so that some code running(doing some complex measurements for hours) send from time to time data to BIRT and that BIRT shows that data immediately on Report. So showing data in Report not after the complete measurement is done but during the measurement. Is that possible and if not is there any tool making it possible ?

Regards,
Z.
Re: Populating BIRT report during runtime ? [message #1116177 is a reply to message #1113659] Wed, 25 September 2013 04:07 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

From the sounds of it, you could run your Python code separately, then, when there is new data available, use the BIRT API's to run the report with the newly available data. So, the report would re-run each time there is more data. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Birt supports multi-sheet Excel Export
Next Topic:Deployment error: "Driver definition could not be found"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:50:39 GMT 2024