Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Add custom menu entry to TextEditor context menu(Add custom menu entry to TextEditor context menu)
Add custom menu entry to TextEditor context menu [message #1111633] Wed, 18 September 2013 13:49 Go to next message
Pabitha Teldeniya is currently offline Pabitha TeldeniyaFriend
I am new to eclipse plugin development. i know how to add a custom texteditor to my plugin according to this tutorial

www.eclipsepluginsite.com/editors.html

But now i want to add custom menu entry to the right click context menu of this text editor.
I tried extending the org.eclipse.ui.editorActions extension point like this

index.php/fa/16237/0/

But still i couldn't get this work done. Thank you
  • Attachment: editor.PNG
    (Size: 58.93KB, Downloaded 481 times)
Re: Add custom menu entry to TextEditor context menu [message #1111965 is a reply to message #1111633] Thu, 19 September 2013 00:45 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
1. Eclipse Community Forums: Newcomers or Eclipse Community Forums: Eclipse Platform may help you.
2. www.eclipsepluginsite.com/editors.html has "(c)2008", www.eclipsepluginsite.com/eclipse-plugin-development-2.html notes "Note: All Examples in this tutorial have been implemented using Eclipse version 3.1.2". It's *very* old. The latest eclipse is not fully compatible.
3. While you were adding org.eclipse.ui.editorActions extension point, you could see "WARNING: This extension point is DEPRECATED. Do not use this extension point, it will be removed in future versions of this product. Instead, use the extension point org.eclipse.ui.commands" in the Extension Point Description. It can be seen anytime if you click the 'Show extension point description' link in the Extensions tab.
4. FYI, related serious bug is here, https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/384354
Previous Topic:Separate configuration eclipse project folder of the project ?
Next Topic:Need to extend PDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:02:27 GMT 2024