Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Using a url to retrieve a large file causes problems for printing(Using a url to retrieve a large file causes problems for printing)
Using a url to retrieve a large file causes problems for printing [message #1108444] Fri, 13 September 2013 21:50 Go to next message
Iain Macgranthin is currently offline Iain MacgranthinFriend
I have a large file that I am reading in from a url.
It is simply a log file, so there is no formatting, but it is very large, so one the url has loaded I cannot then print it to another file.

I have used htmlunit htmlpage to read it in from web client, but I do not now know what to do to write it out - I am getting an out of memory error Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

I have increased the memory to 1024m,and don't think I should go further - I simply need to learn thew coding solution to this.

Can someone advise?

Thanks!
Re: Using a url to retrieve a large file causes problems for printing [message #1111094 is a reply to message #1108444] Tue, 17 September 2013 19:37 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You might want to ask in a more general Java forum. This one's more for users having issues or questions with/about Eclipse.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Error in Photran: "At least one configuration should be available. Project cannot be created.
Next Topic:Moxy logging configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:39:11 GMT 2024