Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Cell, row header, and column header selection not working in RCP app(Basic selection not working in RCP app)
Cell, row header, and column header selection not working in RCP app [message #1107688] Thu, 12 September 2013 19:53 Go to next message
Bruce Obendorf is currently offline Bruce ObendorfFriend
Hi, I'm new to NatTable. I'm trying to get it to work by adding some of the example code to an existing RCP application I wrote. I'm trying to get the "Big data" example to work. It comes up and displays all 1 million rows and 500 columns just fine. Vertical and horizontal scrolling work fine. But when I try to select anything (cell, row header, column header), nothing happens. And selecting a cell or column header locks up the NatTable completely. Selecting a row header does nothing but does not lock up the NatTable -- scrolling still works.

Here's the code I'm using, which is called from createPartControl() in my editor class. I copied the "Big data" example code. The last two lines I tweaked/added to make it work in my RCP app.

DummyGridLayerStack layer = new DummyGridLayerStack(500, 1000000);

// Widen row header so that all the row numbers are visible
		DataLayer rowHeaderDataLayer = (DataLayer) layer.getRowHeaderDataLayer();
		rowHeaderDataLayer.setColumnWidthByPosition(0, 80);

grid = new NatTable(this.parent, layer);

grid.setLayoutData(new GridData(GridData.FILL, GridData.FILL, true, true));

From reading the example code, it seemed that basic selection of cells/row headers/column headers should work automatically. I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but not sure what. I'm using Eclipse 3.5 with a 1.6.x JRE.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Bruce
Re: Cell, row header, and column header selection not working in RCP app [message #1108022 is a reply to message #1107688] Fri, 13 September 2013 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
You are still using Eclipse 3.5? Anyway, that shouldn't be an issue.

I created a dialog containing the same code you posted above. And the selection is processed correctly. Not sure what the reason might be. Maybe it is resource related? Does your computer have enough memory?
Re: Cell, row header, and column header selection not working in RCP app [message #1108345 is a reply to message #1108022] Fri, 13 September 2013 18:23 Go to previous message
Bruce Obendorf is currently offline Bruce ObendorfFriend
My PC has 4 GB of memory, with the max heap set to 768 MB in the app run settings in Eclipse. I would hope that's plenty of memory.

You said you ran it from a dialog. Can you try running it in an RCP app from an editor (a class that extends EditorPart)?

And yes I know I'm on an ancient version of Eclipse for the app I'm working on. I hope to rectify that in the near future.

Thanks for you help,
Bruce
Previous Topic:Right click to select cell
Next Topic:Right click mouse binding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:35:28 GMT 2024