Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » building dataset based on another dataset
building dataset based on another dataset [message #1106815] Wed, 11 September 2013 15:35 Go to next message
Gibran Shah is currently offline Gibran ShahFriend
Hello,

I have a dataset. I now want to build another dataset based on the first dataset (as if the first dataset was a data source). Is this possible? Can it be done in scripting? If so, what would the script look like?

If this is not possible, maybe I can do this in a single dataset with a more complex query. The query I currently have for the first dataset is as follows:

{call MyStoredProcedure(?,?)} <-- where the first ? is an input parameter and the second ? is an output parameter (SYS_REFCURSOR in the stored procedure).

What would a simple select statement look like if it drew from the results of this stored procedure call?

Thanks for all forthcoming help.
Re: building dataset based on another dataset [message #1107021 is a reply to message #1106815] Wed, 11 September 2013 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
You can build a data set with some script using the Data Engine API. Then you can loop through that data set and create a scripted data set from that. Here's a good devshare you can take a look at.
Re: building dataset based on another dataset [message #1107545 is a reply to message #1106815] Thu, 12 September 2013 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the link Kristopher,

Sounds like I need to try my hands at scripting. I'll look for a few tutorials. Once I get the basics, I'll see if I can tackle datasets. At that point, I may come back with further questions.

Thanks again.
Re: building dataset based on another dataset [message #1107702 is a reply to message #1106815] Thu, 12 September 2013 20:24 Go to previous message
Hello again everyone,

I've been playing around with that script that Kristopher linked me to, and I'm able to use it (or parts of it) to get the dataset I want. I'm now trying to get the values in the dataset after the query has been run (it's actually a stored procedure, but that's irrelevant). I'm not sure how to do this.

I'm also not sure what would be the best event handler to do this in as it would have to be at a point after the dataset has been filled with data. I'm thinking afterFactory, but I could be wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Previous Topic:Report generation Javascript error
Next Topic:Getting AxisFault when using frameset
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:42:57 GMT 2024