Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Drag and drop from Palette into a compartment issue(Unable to drag a palette entry into the compartment initially.)
Drag and drop from Palette into a compartment issue [message #1105943] Tue, 10 September 2013 13:25 Go to next message
V Set is currently offline V SetFriend
Hi, I have a node with a compartment. When I drag a node from the palette into the compartment, nothing happens and I see a NullPointerException in the logs. However, after trying for 3 or 4 times and holding the pointer in the same position for a few seconds, it works fine. Is this an initialization problem? I am not sure what is going on. Since it works well after a while, this is not a fatal error but an annoying one. I would like to know what needs to be initialized for this to work the first time.
This is the method:
java.lang.NullPointerException at org.eclipse.gef.dnd.TemplateTransferDropTargetListener.updateTargetRequest(TemplateTransferDropTargetListener.java:138)

Any suggestions towards a solution is appreciated.

Thanks

icon7.gif  Re: Drag and drop from Palette into a compartment issue [message #1106748 is a reply to message #1105943] Wed, 11 September 2013 13:51 Go to previous message
V Set is currently offline V SetFriend
I figured out why this is happening. The focus must be on the compartment to drag and drop from the palette. Clicking twice on the compartment brings it into focus and drag and drop works fine. Smile

Previous Topic:why transform doesn't do any things!
Next Topic:Multiple GMF Editors out of one Ecore-Model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:18:14 GMT 2024