Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Enable Filter on TableField(How do I enable filtering on TableFields?)
Enable Filter on TableField [message #1105927] Tue, 10 September 2013 12:59 Go to next message
Jason Fauble is currently offline Jason FaubleFriend
By default table pages have filtering enabled. When I add a TableField to a form, the sort, and view options are available from the context menu, but filtering is not available. How do I enable filtering for fields that extend AbstractTableField?
Re: Enable Filter on TableField [message #1106130 is a reply to message #1105927] Tue, 10 September 2013 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Can you provide more information about your Scout Version, your Eclipse Runtime, the UI (Swing, SWT, RAP) ?

I verified it myself, and it works. I see the menu and I can filter.

You can check the code: StatisticsField

Re: Enable Filter on TableField [message #1106798 is a reply to message #1106130] Wed, 11 September 2013 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Fauble is currently offline Jason FaubleFriend
Using Scout Kepler with Rap.

I found the issue. I was embedding forms as the detail form of a page and using an AbstractWrappedFormField without implementing a FormHandler. Once I added a FormHandler and called it after setting the detail/inner form, the filters were enabled. I'm not sure why this is the case or if this is expected behavior, but it was an easy enough fix.
Re: Enable Filter on TableField [message #1107299 is a reply to message #1106798] Thu, 12 September 2013 08:02 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Nice to hear this.

After reading your post, I had a look in a Scout Application I am working on, to see how we did it. You are absolutely right (about setting the FormHandler and so on).

I updated the WrappedFormField page including a small code snippet. I hope it helps.

Previous Topic:Maximal Rows/Columns Java Heap Space Problem
Next Topic:Validation, warnings and errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:40:09 GMT 2024