Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Wrist guard and Action menu(I want to use Papyrus but the Action menu prevents)
Wrist guard and Action menu [message #1105898] Tue, 10 September 2013 12:06 Go to next message
David Seymour is currently offline David SeymourFriend
I hope this is the right forum. It looks too technical for the average user but here goes.

I would like to use Papyrus on my Xperia 10.1 (JB4.2.2)in portrait mode but, having to keep my hand and wrist away from the screen make writing impractical. Also, it is so easy to lightly touch the bottom action bar and open the home screen whilst writing. Are either of these items being addressed? Can the bottom bar be moved and is there a wrist guard coming?

Thanks
Re: Wrist guard and Action menu [message #1109979 is a reply to message #1105898] Mon, 16 September 2013 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi David,

We're not currently planning any specific support for touch screens. Also, I don't really understand the issue with the home screen. Which home screen is it?

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Wrist guard and Action menu [message #1109985 is a reply to message #1109979] Mon, 16 September 2013 07:58 Go to previous message
David Seymour is currently offline David SeymourFriend
At the bottom of the Xperia Z screen are three "action" icons. They are part of the system. The are 1) The "back" button, 2) the "Home" button and 3) the "Active apps" button (opens small windows showing what's running so you can switch t another app). If your wrist inadvertently brushes against these icons, it invariably switches to the home screen meaning that you have to switch back to Papyrus to continue writing. To be able to move or disable them would solve this incredibly annoying problem.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

David
Previous Topic:Programmatically update diagrams + write transaction
Next Topic:Generate UML from Java code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:25:35 GMT 2024