Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [texo] Can't build example model
[texo] Can't build example model [message #1105507] Tue, 10 September 2013 00:21 Go to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hi,

I'm not able to get the basic example model compilable. Probably I'm just missing something obvious as I'm not super familiar with building web applications. Starting with a fresh EE IDE, I installed Texo SDK and Runtime. Then I created a tomcat server in WST. Next, I imported the example projects from git.

But... None of the texo imports (e.g org.eclipse.emf.texo.model.ModelFactory) are getting resolved...do I need to manually add the Texo dependencies or something?

thanks,

Miles
Re: [texo] Can't build example model [message #1105567 is a reply to message #1105507] Tue, 10 September 2013 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Ok, this was a bit painful Smile, but I think I figured it all out. Watching Martin's video was helpful but it was really cumbersome to go back and forth between that, especially since you need to blow it up to full-screen to see stuff like what URLs to enter. Razz So I hacked the Texo Wiki page with the details of how I got it to work: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Texo/Download_and_Install#Step_by_Step_for_Web_Services_Noobs Hopefully that will help others who are as clueless about configuring web services as I am...
Re: [texo] Can't build example model [message #1105887 is a reply to message #1105567] Tue, 10 September 2013 11:52 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hey Miles,
Okay thanks for the wiki update! It seems to be more difficult then what I normally do for a dynamic web project. I will
replay your actions soon and try it myself.

gr. Martin

On 09/10/2013 04:45 AM, Miles Parker wrote:
> Ok, this was a bit painful :), but I think I figured it all out. Watching Martin's video was helpful but it was really
> cumbersome to go back and forth between that, especially since you need to blow it up to full-screen to see stuff like
> what URLs to enter. :p So I hacked the Texo Wiki page with the details of how I got it to work:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Texo/Download_and_Install#Step_by_Step_for_Web_Services_Noobs Hopefully that will help others
> who are as clueless about configuring web services as I am...

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Previous Topic:[Texo] + [Xcore] ??