Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Adding MinGW GCC's include path to Eclipse installation on Windows 7
Adding MinGW GCC's include path to Eclipse installation on Windows 7 [message #1104965] Mon, 09 September 2013 06:53 Go to next message
Aseem Bansal is currently offline Aseem BansalFriend
I installed Eclipse Kepler Java EE and have installed CDT tools. I have added the path to gcc to my PATH variable but I am having problem in adding the include path to Eclipse installation.

I know that they are in C:\MinGW\include but how to add that to my eclipse installation? The options that I could find are for adding to particular projects so I think they are for custom header files but I want to add the path for the standard header files.

I tired to add that path to my PATH variable but as there were header files in that directory the references were unresolved. What to do?

[Updated on: Mon, 09 September 2013 07:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding MinGW GCC's include path to Eclipse installation on Windows 7 [message #1105360 is a reply to message #1104965] Mon, 09 September 2013 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anders Tangedal Nordeide is currently offline Anders Tangedal NordeideFriend
I have the exact same issue. My project compiles and runs just fine, but the editor can hardly resolve anything from the standard libraries. I did eventually manage to get #include <iostream> resolved but i still cant get cout or endl recognized. I thought Eclipse was set up to get system libraries from the compiler?

I have found some tutorials that hint to this being the way to resolve the issue but the options they are referring to in the menus just aren't there in kepler.
Re: Adding MinGW GCC's include path to Eclipse installation on Windows 7 [message #1109818 is a reply to message #1105360] Mon, 16 September 2013 02:18 Go to previous message
Tony Greenleaf is currently offline Tony GreenleafFriend
Having a similar problem with the Kepler install.

I have installed cygwin and Eclipse CDT.
Checked that i have all the required compiler components.
g++ 4.8.1
gcc 4.8.1
gdb 7.6.50
gnu make 3.82.90

Setup the Global Variable pathway for the cygwin64/bin.
Also setup cygwin64

Checked that i have the include directories setup properly in my project by going to the C/C++ general tab pathways and also added some of the 32bit pathways as an attempt to fix the problem.

But still can not resolve the <iostream> inclusion.

Well it is something to do with the iostream as it said before that it wasnt included and now it doesnt give me a warning but the functions of iostream are still not resolved.

Previous Topic:CDT debug compile; no spawner in java.library.path
Next Topic:gcc and g++ paths not found error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:37:05 GMT 2024