Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » "fresh" install helios update problems("fresh" install helios classic or EE update problems)
"fresh" install helios update problems [message #1102382] Thu, 05 September 2013 18:05 Go to next message
dreaddy mck is currently offline dreaddy mckFriend
As a newcomer to eclipse I've grown incredibly frustrated with this IDE and need some help.

I've downloaded and "installed" several versions of the helios package for use. Each and every package simply not do an up update. The error message offered are cryptic, and to add insult to injury the update processes will sit in a continuous loop wasting my time and resource.

I've searched the internet for solutions and am inundated with "fixes" that do not work.

Is there simple fix for this HELIOS update problem?
If not, can u recommend an alternative Android development tool?
Re: "fresh" install helios update problems [message #1102413 is a reply to message #1102382] Thu, 05 September 2013 18:45 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Helios was the June 2010 release and is very much out of date. I would encourage you to use the current release, Kepler, instead. If your issues are primarily related to Android Development, the Android developer site provides a pre-assembled Eclipse build, or you can find other Android related resources linked from http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/225513/. For problems with updating from within Helios, you need to give more details. However cryptic the error messages may be that you're encountering, you've not shared them.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Thu, 05 September 2013 18:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Change of Port address in mihini server
Next Topic:BPMN Create Subprocess
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:04:33 GMT 2024