Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [ETL] ETL sufficient for my Use case?
[ETL] ETL sufficient for my Use case? [message #1102167] Thu, 05 September 2013 13:09 Go to next message
Phil H is currently offline Phil HFriend
Hi everyone,

First my use case: I want to extend my EMF editor so that users can import instances of other ecore models, which differs in structure and naming. For example I've got ecoreA, which represents my EMF Editor. EcoreB should describe a part of EcoreA, but with differences in structure and naming.
So when a user wants now to import an instance of ecoreB and add it to ecoreA, the ecoreB instance has to be transformed so that it fit in for ecoreA.

I had a quick look around at the Epsilon Transformation language and wonderng if this would be a sufficient aproach for my use case or if it would be easier to provide my own parser?

Cheers,
Phil
Re: [ETL] ETL sufficient for my Use case? [message #1102171 is a reply to message #1102167] Thu, 05 September 2013 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Phil,

ETL sounds like a good fit for this. Any problems, please let us know.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [ETL] ETL sufficient for my Use case? [message #1102239 is a reply to message #1102171] Thu, 05 September 2013 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil H is currently offline Phil HFriend
Hi Dimitris,

Unfortunately I coudn't find any Tutorial describing how to use ETL. The examples or chapter 6 in the Epsilon book hasn't gave me enough informatins. So at the moment I'm not sure how to start with ETL.
Re: [ETL] ETL sufficient for my Use case? [message #1102250 is a reply to message #1102239] Thu, 05 September 2013 15:06 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Phil,

I'd suggest starting by checking out and running the Tree2Graph example under [1]. For a more complex example, please see [2]. Once you've become familiar with the language you could have a look at [3] which demonstrates how to call ETL programs from Java. I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.tree2graph
[2] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.oo2db
[3] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone
Previous Topic:An Internal Error Occured During:"Launching m1tom2"
Next Topic:Java call from EWL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:51:32 GMT 2024