Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Why Documentation property was made single line?(Can multiline Documentation be back?)
icon5.gif  Why Documentation property was made single line? [message #1100877] Tue, 03 September 2013 18:38 Go to next message
Mikhail Mising name is currently offline Mikhail Mising nameFriend
I remember seeing Documentation property as a multiline entry. It was quite handy to enter notes like that. However I noticed that recent updates have Documentation as a single line entry and all my newlines appear as squares (as missing unicode placeholder).

Is there any particular reason for having it a single line vs multiline?
Re: Why Documentation property was made single line? [message #1100926 is a reply to message #1100877] Tue, 03 September 2013 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Mikhail,

There was a request from the jBPM folks to make Documentation a single line entry, probably because this field wasn't being used very often. As you know, a BaseElement can actually have a List of Documentation elements, which is rendered in the Property View as a list of items. Each of those items contains an ID, a text body and text format string (mime type). Really, the only attribute of any interest here was the text body since text format was always assumed to be "text/plain". Looking back on this now, it does make sense to use a Multiline Text field in the Property View. Can you please file an enhancement request in bugzilla?

Thanks,
Bob
Re: Why Documentation property was made single line? [message #1101001 is a reply to message #1100926] Tue, 03 September 2013 22:40 Go to previous message
Mikhail Mising name is currently offline Mikhail Mising nameFriend
I was unable to find original request to make it a single line so I filed a new enhancement request.
Previous Topic:New release and Bug Hunt Contest
Next Topic:Extending the BpmnToolBehaviourFeature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:58:18 GMT 2024