Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Pass dataset value to BirtNavigationBar.js(How to pass parameter to front end)
Pass dataset value to BirtNavigationBar.js [message #1100468] Tue, 03 September 2013 06:36 Go to next message
Beryl Yellow is currently offline Beryl YellowFriend
Dear Birt experts,

Now I caught a problem, I build a new dataset to count the table total count, then I want to pass to the NavigationBar.jsp to show the total records. But I don't know how can the js or jsp can gain the value....

I want to show as the picture said.

If you have any ideas, feel free to tell me.
Thanks in advance !
Re: Pass dataset value to BirtNavigationBar.js [message #1100956 is a reply to message #1100468] Tue, 03 September 2013 21:02 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You could try something like this:

In your NavigationbarFragment.jsp, you could put <TD> <div id='totalRows' /> </TD> between the pages and nav buttons <TD>'s. In your table's dataSet, add a computed column called "totalRows" that uses the count aggregation to return the number of rows. Then, at the top of your report, put a HTML text box bound to your table dataSet with the contents:

<script>
temp = <VALUE-OF>row["totalRows"]</VALUE-OF>;
document.getElementById('totalRows').innerHTML = "Total: " + temp;
</script>

This will find the div you placed in the navigationbarfragment and change it to say your total number of rows. Hope this helps.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:birt 232: get url value from dataset to set image dynamically
Next Topic:Line Chart Functionality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:41:11 GMT 2024