Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Class syntax validation problem - newbie question
Class syntax validation problem - newbie question [message #1100019] Mon, 02 September 2013 14:40 Go to next message
Glenn Schworak is currently offline Glenn SchworakFriend
Sorry, I am sure this is a newbie question. I have just started using Eclipse and know very little about where all the settings are hiding.

Here is the problem. I am running PHP 5.3 and I just created my first project in Eclipse. I have been using gedit up to this point.

Anyway, I left the validation setting at DEFAULT when creating the project and I think it is validating wrong.

This is valid code:
$MyClass::RETURN_TYPE_ARRAY

But the validator is barking about the double colon notation.

I think the default may be PHP 4 but I don't know how to switch the default (globally).

When I deleted the project and put it back forcing PHP 5.3 validation, the project validated correctly. I would rather use a global setting so when I upgrade to PHP 5.4 or higher I don't have to drop and re-add each project or manually switch each project (which I can't figure out either).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Summary:
How to change the GLOBAL PHP default version
How to change a project's PHP version

THANKS!
Re: Class syntax validation problem - newbie question [message #1146933 is a reply to message #1100019] Sun, 20 October 2013 14:13 Go to previous message
Valery Cheban is currently offline Valery ChebanFriend
>> How to change the GLOBAL PHP default version

window - preferences - PHP - PHP Interpreter

>> How to change a project's PHP version

Project - Properties - PHP Interpreter
Previous Topic:How do I change the RemoteSystemsTempFiles location?
Next Topic:Include files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:04:13 GMT 2024