Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Corrupted Database(Embedded H2 Database Issues)
Corrupted Database [message #1097957] Fri, 30 August 2013 11:50 Go to next message
James Ball is currently offline James BallFriend
Hi all,

I have a problem connecting to my embedded database. I was writing a test case and mapping a component to my application when the 'busy cursor' (spinning circle) appeared but then did not disappear. This caused me to forcibly quit GUIDancer/Jubula because it was not responding. Upon opening GUIDancer and then trying to open my project I was greeted with an error message ' Database Connection failed'.

I had a backup of my project although it was quite old and was not fully up to date. I restored the .jubula database from that and it worked, I was able to connect to the database and retrieve my old file. After I tried to merge the databases together (but I still have the original copies of both databases) and again I was greeted with the same error message as before.

This led me to believe that I had a corrupted database that needs to be fixed! If anyone can help me to repair my database that would be great or if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. However, failing this I assume I can contact H2 directly and see if they can repair the database.

Many Thanks,
James.
Re: Corrupted Database [message #1101483 is a reply to message #1097957] Wed, 04 September 2013 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi,

do you have any new information on this issue? However we recommend not to use the embedded database for productive work and use an (e.g.) Oracle database instead.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Corrupted Database [message #1505761 is a reply to message #1097957] Wed, 10 December 2014 09:35 Go to previous message
Alva Christeen is currently offline Alva ChristeenFriend
Data block corruption in oracle database is a usual corruption situation but it can effect entire database. When this type of corruption issue occurs then the entire data stored it become inaccessible. I faced this issue but thankfully I was able to fix the issue by the help of a post. Here I am sharing you the post that helped me to fox the issue.

oracle.filerepairtool.net/blog/fix-corrupt-blocks-block-corruption-oracle-database
Previous Topic:AUT Application throws Error's - just in Jubula
Next Topic:Test on interface graphic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:21:29 GMT 2024