Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [Epsilon] Epsilon does not find a source model type even though it is registered
[Epsilon] Epsilon does not find a source model type even though it is registered [message #1096615] Wed, 28 August 2013 16:33 Go to next message
kwaku sandy is currently offline kwaku sandyFriend
I have an MTC Flow project which i'm using ETL for my M2M transformation.
Even though i have created and registered ecore metamodels for both my source and target, when i execute the transformation from MTC, epsilon cannot find any of my source model types defined in the metamodel. Epsilon is able to find the target model types (its only the source types that it cannot find). MTC Flow automatically register the metamodels (even if i manually right click on the metamodels and select Register EPackages, i still get the same error).

I did some search online about this error and came across this similar/same bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=353473 which seems to be have been fixed. I installed Epsilon about 2 months ago from the eclipse market place so i'm guessing my version should have the bug fix. So i don't know why i'm getting this issue again.
I've attached a screenshot of my eclipse project showing my metamodels and the simple etl code that gives the error.
I will appreciate any help in resolving this issue since i've been stucked on this for two days and cant make any progress.
index.php/fa/16064/0/

This is the error message i get:

Starting MTC: MTC
Model ready : FORML(/ParentTest/models/FORML.xmi)
Model FORML conformance validated.
Starting forml2chts transformation
Exception executing forml2chts transformation
Type 'FORML!State' not found (......\ParentTest\transformations\M2M\forml2chts.etl@2:24)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.TypeExecutor.execute(TypeExecutor.java:96)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:226)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.VarStatementExecutor.execute(VarStatementExecutor.java:46)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:226)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.ExecutorFactory.executeAST(ExecutorFactory.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.eol.execute.StatementBlockExecutor.execute(StatementBlockExecutor.java:26)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.erl.ErlModule.execute(ErlModule.java:88)
	at org.eclipse.epsilon.etl.EtlModule.execute(EtlModule.java:122)
	at com.mtcflow.engine.epsilon.common.EpsilonExecutor.execute(EpsilonExecutor.java:109)
	at com.mtcflow.engine.epsilon.common.EpsilonExecutor.execute(EpsilonExecutor.java:99)
	at com.mtcflow.engine.etl.ETLTransformationExecutor.executeTransformation(ETLTransformationExecutor.java:82)
	at com.mtcflow.engine.core.MTCChoreographer$1.run(MTCChoreographer.java:582)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Re: [Epsilon] Epsilon does not find a source model type even though it is registered [message #1096658 is a reply to message #1096615] Wed, 28 August 2013 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

That sounds very similar to bug 414675, which we fixed last week. Could you please update to the latest interim and try again?

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=414675
Re: [Epsilon] Epsilon does not find a source model type even though it is registered [message #1096763 is a reply to message #1096658] Wed, 28 August 2013 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

If updating to the latest interim version doesn't fix this, could you please try to run the transformation through an ETL launch configuration? If this doesn't work either it'd be great if you could put together a minimal example [1] we can use to reproduce this.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/minimal-examples/
Re: [Epsilon] Epsilon does not find a source model type even though it is registered [message #1096795 is a reply to message #1096763] Wed, 28 August 2013 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just updated to the latest interim version and it didn't fix the error. I created a new project and still having the same problem.

Dimitris: I'm coming to try your suggestion by running the transformation through an ETL launch configuration. I will let you know the results.

Thanks guys for your help, really apprecitated.
Re: [Epsilon] Epsilon does not find a source model type even though it is registered [message #1096952 is a reply to message #1096795] Thu, 29 August 2013 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I run the transformation through an ETL launch configuration and it worked, but my source model has to be a .model file. If the source model is a .xmi file, it doesn't through any error but none of the rules get executed.
Running it using the MTC flow is still giving the error that it cannot find the types defined in the source metamodel even though the Epsilon EPackage Registry view shows that the metamodel is registered.

Re: [Epsilon] Epsilon does not find a source model type even though it is registered [message #1099996 is a reply to message #1096952] Mon, 02 September 2013 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chandrakana NandiFriend
Hi Dimitris,

I tried to do the launch configuration, but for me it didn't work. My error is:

Type 'Model2!class_name' not found (/home/chandra/workspace/Model1toModel2/resources/etl/model12model2.etl@4:29)
could you please tell me what I can do to get rid of the error?

Thank you so much for your kind help,
Sincere regards,
Chandrakana.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 September 2013 14:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Epsilon] Epsilon does not find a source model type even though it is registered [message #1100041 is a reply to message #1099996] Mon, 02 September 2013 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

Could you please put together a minimal example [1] we can use to reproduce this?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/minimal-examples/
Re: [Epsilon] Epsilon does not find a source model type even though it is registered [message #1100499 is a reply to message #1100041] Tue, 03 September 2013 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chandrakana NandiFriend
Hi Dimitris,

I am sending you the tree2graph project and a screenshot for the version of Epsilon.When I tried to run this example from the project I checkedout from SVN, it worked, but when I created my own project with the same etl file, the .model files and the .ecore files, it didn't work.

I really appreciate your help.
Best regards,
Chandrakana.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 September 2013 07:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Epsilon] Epsilon does not find a source model type even though it is registered [message #1100521 is a reply to message #1100499] Tue, 03 September 2013 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Chandrakana,

In your launch configuration you'll need to rename your models from "tree" and "graph" to "Tree" and "Graph" respectively ,so that they match your ETL code (fixed launch configuration attached).

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: [Epsilon] Epsilon does not find a source model type even though it is registered [message #1100553 is a reply to message #1100521] Tue, 03 September 2013 08:47 Go to previous message
Chandrakana NandiFriend
Thank you very much Dimitris, I didn't notice that I was making such a silly mistake. My tranformations are working now Smile

Best regards,
Chandrakana
Previous Topic:[Epsilon Validation] : Newbie question
Next Topic:An Internal Error Occured During:"Launching m1tom2"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:48:48 GMT 2024