Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Eclipse WindowBuilder
Eclipse WindowBuilder [message #1095818] Tue, 27 August 2013 15:20 Go to next message
Praveen Dharmaraj is currently offline Praveen DharmarajFriend
Hello,
When I try to open a basic eclipse application using windowbuilder, I get an error on the design view-"This is not a GUI class and cant be edited graphically". Can anybody help me with this? I have attached the snapshot of the error.
  • Attachment: Capture.JPG
    (Size: 47.44KB, Downloaded 532 times)
Re: Eclipse WindowBuilder [message #1110203 is a reply to message #1095818] Mon, 16 September 2013 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Praveen Dharmaraj is currently offline Praveen DharmarajFriend
Hello,
Can anyone please help me with this problem? I have been trying to get this sorted out but only in vain.
Re: Eclipse WindowBuilder [message #1110684 is a reply to message #1110203] Tue, 17 September 2013 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
That error message pretty much means what it says... you are trying to edit a class that WB does not recognize as a UI class. That can be the result of a two things:

1) It really isn't a UI class (not descended from any known UI type or contain any known UI elements), or

2) It is using an unknown UI framework (possibly because you don't have the requisite WB support pieces installed). For example, to edit Swing classes, you need to have Swing Designer installed.
Re: Eclipse WindowBuilder [message #1183106 is a reply to message #1110684] Tue, 12 November 2013 16:43 Go to previous message
Peter Andrews is currently offline Peter AndrewsFriend
Your mention of needing the SwingDesigner helped me. I was stumped why WindowBuilder gave me an error 'WindowBuilder Unknown GUI toolkit'. It had been weeks since I had moved from Juno to Kepler and I had been working on non-gui code so I didn't realize WindowBuilder was broken. After reading your post i installed Swing Designer and fixed the issue. Thanks!

(part of the reason I am writing this is so that Google will associate the particular error message with this solution)
Previous Topic:Using Automatic Data Binding wizard
Next Topic:TextArea "missing" from Jface and Swt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:45:49 GMT 2024