Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Can't remove project from workspace...
Can't remove project from workspace... [message #1094930] Mon, 26 August 2013 11:58 Go to next message
Alan DW is currently offline Alan DWFriend
Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue with my Eclipse (Juno, SR1). I've created a new Java Project in my workspace and after creating it, I detected a typo in the name, so I right-clicked the project and renamed it. That worked, but the old, wrong-named version still sticks around in my workspace as a closed project. The problem is that I cannot remove or delete this project, because every time I try, Eclipse tells me that the project doesn't exist on disk anymore (duh, you don't say...). It doesn't matter whether I tick the "also remove project from disk" option or not, the result is the same.

Is there anything like a "force remove from workspace" option hidden somewhere or any other solution that I might try (editing a config file in notepad or something)? I feel that there is a bug in the renaming procedure, otherwise the project with the original name would not stick around to begin with.

Also, the question is: why can I not remove a project from the Workspace (without deleting it from disk) when it doesn't exist on the disk anymore? Why does it have to exist on disk just in order to be removed from the workspace without actual file system deletion?

Thanks,

Alan
Re: Can't remove project from workspace... [message #1094986 is a reply to message #1094930] Mon, 26 August 2013 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Could it be that some version control system has a finger in the pie?
Maybe they kept the project alive until the change is committed?
Just a guess.
Re: Can't remove project from workspace... [message #1095047 is a reply to message #1094986] Mon, 26 August 2013 14:47 Go to previous message
Alan DW is currently offline Alan DWFriend
@Stephan: Sorry, no version control system is involved. But the guess makes sense.
Previous Topic:Resource Change Listener
Next Topic:Creating the plug-in project: Error: Main class not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:58:31 GMT 2024