Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Automatic Vertical Page Breaks 3.7.2
Automatic Vertical Page Breaks 3.7.2 [message #1093312] Fri, 23 August 2013 22:49 Go to next message
John Bergant is currently offline John BergantFriend
Hi,

Is there a way to get the BIRT engine to automatically break a table across multiple pages in pdf? I have all of my columns set to "auto" page break (before and after), but the columns are squeezed into the page and the data gets truncated.

Thanks.
Re: Automatic Vertical Page Breaks 3.7.2 [message #1094006 is a reply to message #1093312] Sun, 25 August 2013 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

When exporting to a fixed page size output, can't you just set the report up to break between columns like you're wanting. Maybe I'm not understanding completely. Can you attach a sample report using the sample database? Thanks!

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Automatic Vertical Page Breaks 3.7.2 [message #1095115 is a reply to message #1094006] Mon, 26 August 2013 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the response. I have attached a sample report with a sample dataset. The report is fixed and all the columns have the vertical page break set to "auto". I don't have the luxury of forcing the page breaks in my standard report since the column size is not fixed and the columns will be different horizontal lengths. I am building them dynamically based on user selections. I was looking for a way to force the BIRT engine to calculate the vertical page breaks automatically.

Thank you for your time,

John
Re: Automatic Vertical Page Breaks 3.7.2 [message #1095944 is a reply to message #1093312] Tue, 27 August 2013 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Take a look at this modified design. I use a script in the onFetch of the dataSet and in the onCreate of the table to set page breaks on columns based on the length of the data in the columns. Hope this helps. You'll probably need to clean this up, but it's definitely a place to start.

Michael

Re: Automatic Vertical Page Breaks 3.7.2 [message #1100944 is a reply to message #1093312] Tue, 03 September 2013 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the solution Micheal, I am implementing a version of this using the lengths of my input data and the available page space. I get the lengths for each column as a parameter so I can properly set the master page width in the beforefactory event script.
Re: Automatic Vertical Page Breaks 3.7.2 [message #1101054 is a reply to message #1100944] Wed, 04 September 2013 00:42 Go to previous message

Glad to help! Let me know if you run into any other issues on this. Smile

Michael

Previous Topic:Line Chart Functionality
Next Topic:Page numbers outside of page margins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:09:59 GMT 2024