Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » importing project from git
importing project from git [message #1092600] Fri, 23 August 2013 01:47 Go to next message
thorsten meier is currently offline thorsten meierFriend
hi,

importing this:
git://gitorious.org/acal/acal.git

(i know that android related questions dont belong here)

with "import existing project" gives me packages like:

src.com.morphoss.acal.contacts

since this http://www.morphoss.com/products/android/aCal is the homepage i believe eclipse does import the code incorrectly. does this mean that this code cant be imported as "existing project" and i have togo all the "new android project" steps?

greetings
Re: importing project from git [message #1092659 is a reply to message #1092600] Fri, 23 August 2013 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

It looks more like the .classpath file wasn't committed into the Git repository. Editing the project's Java Build Path (open the project's Properties Dialog) and changing "src" to be a Source Folder rather than the project folder itself will probably correct it.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: importing project from git [message #1093729 is a reply to message #1092659] Sat, 24 August 2013 15:07 Go to previous message
thorsten meier is currently offline thorsten meierFriend
ok, i clicked on "add folder" marked src and clicked ok. eclipse did ask me something like if i dont want to include src as source folder which i DENIED and now its working.

weird, but the eclipse view now shows that src is a folder and contains the packages com.xyz.xyz
----
but now i have this:
http://s10.postimg.org/v29qdb8g9/acal_package_or_not.jpg

as you can see at the top config is recognized as a package, but if you look inside the file: Constants.java it says:
package com.morphoss.acal;

what did happen there?
Previous Topic:More Text Folding
Next Topic:Help with .substring()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 13:14:40 GMT 2024