Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Keyboard issues(A problem with Eclipse Shortcuts)
icon9.gif  Keyboard issues [message #1091833] Thu, 22 August 2013 02:42 Go to next message
Renato Galvez is currently offline Renato GalvezFriend
Good day all, i'd appreciate your help very much. I'm running an Eclipse JEE Kepler and while coding i find it EXTREMELY annoying that i'd have to switch between keyboard languages because it seems as there's a shortcut assigned to Shift+8. This shouldn't really be the case as a * is something very useful and while using a Spanish keyboard it's actually an opening parenthesis "(" this.

Even though i change the language the shortcut is still available so i have to juggle between keyboards to code. I've already checked in Window>Preferences>General>Key (or keyboard can't remember right now haha) and the functions the combination is linked to seemed to be without any keyboard shortcut, searched for the shortcut itself and it wasn't within the list, and even though i've assigned a different shortcut to those functions they STILL remain to be linked to Shift+8,W and Shift+8,I.

Ctrl+X just closes my Eclipse instance. A window pops up to save so i suppose it's functioning as an Alt+F4. Anyone got a clue how to fix that?
Re: Keyboard issues [message #1092901 is a reply to message #1091833] Fri, 23 August 2013 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Gärtner is currently offline Michael GärtnerFriend
Hallo,

I have the same issue. Some hint on the solution?

Re: Keyboard issues [message #1092904 is a reply to message #1091833] Fri, 23 August 2013 10:02 Go to previous message
Michael Gärtner is currently offline Michael GärtnerFriend
Hallo,

I have the same issue. Is there a hint on the solution?

Previous Topic:Alternating colors of a single console stream.
Next Topic:How Do You Handle JUnit Tests?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:18:13 GMT 2024