Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Importing booleans from Excel to Central Test Data
Importing booleans from Excel to Central Test Data [message #1091296] Wed, 21 August 2013 09:57 Go to next message
Mike Airey is currently offline Mike AireyFriend
Hi all,

Using the Central Test Data editor, I can import Excel files as Central Test Data sets. However, all parameters are read in as String. I need the boolean values in my Excel files to be read in as Booleans, so they can be used in test cases.

Given that when we use Excel files as data sources directly, "true"s and "false"s in the spreadsheet are converted to Boolean test case parameters, is there a way to use this functionality when importing Excel data into the Central Test Data editor?

I've followed all the formatting directions to ensure Jubula reads Excel booleans correctly, and also tried every permutation of formatting I can think of, but no luck. Even setting up a Central Test Data Set with the relevant parameters typed as Boolean and then importing into that Data Set does not work - the parameters which should be Booleans are just reset to String.

Thanks,
Mike
Re: Importing booleans from Excel to Central Test Data [message #1092101 is a reply to message #1091296] Thu, 22 August 2013 10:29 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I have the feeling that the import of data into the central test data editor is done on a string-only basis. I can't be 100% sure (and the docs don't mention it), but I think that all parameters are created as strings.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Object mappings accross AUTs/configurations
Next Topic:Click at the current mouse position!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:34:39 GMT 2024