Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Mixed Mode and E4 Command/Handler Error
Mixed Mode and E4 Command/Handler Error [message #1090959] Tue, 20 August 2013 22:19 Go to next message
Santhosh Kumar is currently offline Santhosh KumarFriend
We have requirement to use 3.x views (for example, CNF) in 4.x app so we are using the "Mixed mode" as explained in http://dirksmetric.wordpress.com/2012/08/01/tutorial-eclipse-rcp-e4-with-3-x-views-like-project-explorer-properties-etc/

I have created the Application.e4xmi model with Controls and integrated 3.x CNF view along with pure E4 view and it is working.

In the application model file, I have defined a command and linked with a handler. But this is not working as when I try to run I'm getting following error. From the error it looks like, it is expecting the handler to be in 3.x design (implementing IHandler) but I thought as pure E4 view is working, pure E4 command/handler should be working as well. What am I missing?

Thank you for your help.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2013-08-20 15:16:12.339
!MESSAGE The proxied handler was the wrong class

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2013-08-20 15:16:12.342
!MESSAGE The proxied handler was the wrong class
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.test.core.handler.NewConnectionHandler cannot be cast to org.eclipse.core.commands.IHandler
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.loadHandler(HandlerProxy.java:347)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.setEnabled(HandlerProxy.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.canExecute(E4HandlerProxy.java:71)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:224)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.isEnabled(HandlerServiceHandler.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.isEnabled(Command.java:862)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.registerLegacyHandler(LegacyHandlerService.java:162)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.readDefaultHandlers(LegacyHandlerService.java:722)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.readRegistry(LegacyHandlerService.java:635)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$48.runWithException(Workbench.java:2257)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:180)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4688)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading.runWithoutExceptions(StartupThreading.java:94)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.initializeDefaultServices(Workbench.java:2252)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1550)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2702)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$7(Workbench.java:2591)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:608)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
	at com.test.core.Application.start(Application.java:21)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)

[Updated on: Tue, 20 August 2013 22:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mixed Mode and E4 Command/Handler Error [message #1097379 is a reply to message #1090959] Thu, 29 August 2013 16:22 Go to previous message
Santhosh Kumar is currently offline Santhosh KumarFriend
I'm not sure what was the problem, but restarted from scratch and commands in mixed mode is working fine. I couldn't figure out a reason for it to fail in first try.
Previous Topic:No e4 support for a simple scenario?
Next Topic:How to handle closeable button of part
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:10:51 GMT 2024