Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Not Responding(Using Eclipse with Android ADT. Program randomly stops responding.)
Eclipse Not Responding [message #1090213] Mon, 19 August 2013 21:45 Go to next message
Cason Schindler is currently offline Cason SchindlerFriend
Hi.

I am using Eclipse version 4.2.1.v20130118-173121-9MF7GHYdG0B5kx4E_SkfZV-1mNjVATf67ZAb7 with the Android ADT build v22.0.5-757759 on Windows 7. I have the Java JDK installed. Every once in a while, Eclipse would randomly crash, saying "Not Responding" while I was working on a Java application (at first not for Android).

I have now been working on an Android application project and the error "Not Responding" has become a lot more common. Sometimes it would stop responding while opening Eclipse and other times it will crash as soon as I click on something. The furthest I have gone without the error was until clicking MyProject/res/layout/activity_main.xml. Once I would click activity_main.xml, it would again say "Not Responding."

I have attempted ending adb.exe*32 with Task Manager (which I read to do somewhere else) and closing and restarting the program, but the problem still occurs.

The error code is usually -805306369

I am new to programming and Eclipse so any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Eclipse Not Responding [message #1090246 is a reply to message #1090213] Mon, 19 August 2013 22:52 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

First, update to Juno SR2. It should just be a matter of checking for Updates from the Help menu. Then, if problems persist, check http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#Crashers.2C_Freezing.2C_and_other_Major_Issues for how to report the problem with enough detail that it can be looked at--as unfair as it might sound, there's not a lot to go on from what you've written.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Mon, 19 August 2013 22:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:programmatically start remote debugger
Next Topic:edit could not detect where Git is installed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:35:13 GMT 2024