Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to integrate Qt framework?
How to integrate Qt framework? [message #1089580] Mon, 19 August 2013 00:39 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hi, I'm pretty new to Eclipse CDT. I have installed Eclipse Kepler on Mac, and I'd like to use QT in my project. The Qt integration plugin seems out-of-date, so I have downloaded the opensource Qt. But I don't really know how to set it in Eclipse. I guess I have to build with qmake, not make? But there are surely other links to update? If anyone can help with that, thanks in advance.
Re: How to integrate Qt framework? [message #1090079 is a reply to message #1089580] Mon, 19 August 2013 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ArbolOne Mising name is currently offline ArbolOne Mising nameFriend
Wow! the answer to your question is the door that will open soooooo many opportunities. I am truly looking forward to see what the experts have to say about this question.
Re: How to integrate Qt framework? [message #1090739 is a reply to message #1089580] Tue, 20 August 2013 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
You have a project.pro file. Here you define your project for Qt. Then you use qmake to create your makefile from project.pro. And then you can just build in Eclipse using this makefile.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: How to integrate Qt framework? [message #1090822 is a reply to message #1090739] Tue, 20 August 2013 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Thanks for the answer. However, I don't have a project.pro file. I attach an image of my working repertory.
Re: How to integrate Qt framework? [message #1091199 is a reply to message #1090822] Wed, 21 August 2013 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Well, you have to create the .pro file. Please refer to the Qt documentation
http://doc.qt.digia.com/4.7/qmake-manual.html
As a first step you can create a .pro file by calling
qmake -project

in your source folder.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: How to integrate Qt framework? [message #1091260 is a reply to message #1090739] Wed, 21 August 2013 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nobody Mising name is currently offline Nobody Mising nameFriend
Axel Mueller wrote on Tue, 20 August 2013 11:17
You have a project.pro file. Here you define your project for Qt. Then you use qmake to create your makefile from project.pro. And then you can just build in Eclipse using this makefile.

This is not a kind of integration a user of Qt library would expect. I would also like to use CDT for developing Qt based projects but a proper integration should include at least this:

• Content assist for Qt signals/slots inside call of connect function,
  • Proper visualization of Qt-specific types like QString/QList/... during debugging,
  • A simple way to navigate from symbols in the code to Qt documentation,
  • (Optional) Managing pro file in a more automatic way (for example when adding new files).

All this minimal integration is included in QtCreator, but their C++ parser is not as good as CDT one currently. Without these basic things it is not convenient to develop Qt based projects in CDT.

The question is: how do I add a proper integration of Qt to Eclipse CDT?
Re: How to integrate Qt framework? [message #1094683 is a reply to message #1091260] Mon, 26 August 2013 04:00 Go to previous message
Nobody Mising name is currently offline Nobody Mising nameFriend
Any way for proper integration of Qt into Eclipse CDT?
Previous Topic:C++ 11 Symbol could not be resolved (containers)
Next Topic:Importing project resets Active configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:00:04 GMT 2024